Jump to content

Non-O Marriage (Also have kid) extension $$ questions


Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

First of all, sorry to make a new thread. I have looked through the first 7 pages to see if it's been answered. I somewhat have some same questions.

Anyway. My first 1 year extension is set to run out end of next month. When I got this the first time, I couldn't do the 40k per month option (I had to go to Laos and restart) And after, I had someone lend me the money. This time around I am hoping to go the 40k route but I am a little uncertain whether I could?

I also read on here that If I had the kid (and I also think I saw this on their website) that the 400K doesn't have to be seasoned for 2 months yes? (This will ultimately be a back up option)

So, I use Bangkok Bank and Transferwise.. 

However, I do not transfer once monthly but more like every 1-2 weeks the last 12 months... Unfortunately.. maybe the first month after I first got approved the one year. I think I was slightly under the 40K that month, but had a lot more than enough come in the following month (like a few days after)

If we considered all transactions the past 12 months, then the average would probably easily be over 55K a month.. 

Also, my income is mostly from a share of savings from my family, and some from a government benefit (I am from New Zealand btw) Does this sound like a problem? 

 

How does it look for me?

 

Much appreciated


D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

400,000 in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 monthly income.

Immigration will want to see 40,000 entering your bank every month from abroad.

UPDATE: As you are from NZ you should be able to get a letter from your Embassy stating your monthly income.

There would then be no need for the bank transfer proof.

 

Edited by fishtank
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fishtank said:

400,000 in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 monthly income.

Immigration will want to see 40,000 entering your bank every month from abroad.

UPDATE: As you are from NZ you should be able to get a letter from your Embassy stating your monthly income.

There would then be no need for the bank transfer proof.

 

Really? I read somewhere the 400,000 doesn't need to be 2 months if I have a child too??

Also.. I did exactly that last year with the letter from embassy. They didn't accept it

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toHs said:

Really? I read somewhere the 400,000 doesn't need to be 2 months if I have a child too??

Oly if you are applying for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai at many offices. Some offices will allow 400k baht it you have a Thai child an applying based upon marriage.

7 hours ago, toHs said:

Also.. I did exactly that last year with the letter from embassy. They didn't accept it

Maybe an officer that did not know it was still allowed. I think you do a statutory declaration at the NZ embassy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toHs said:

Really? I read somewhere the 400,000 doesn't need to be 2 months if I have a child too??

Also.. I did exactly that last year with the letter from embassy. They didn't accept it

Usually they will only allow the marriage option if you qualify for both.

There should be no reason that they cannot accept the Embassy document.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Oly if you are applying for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai at many offices. Some offices will allow 400k baht it you have a Thai child an applying based upon marriage.

Maybe an officer that did not know it was still allowed. I think you do a statutory declaration at the NZ embassy.

Yeah I will be doing it at CW.

I got exactly that, the stat dec. Didn't accept... I was so <deleted>. 

But yeah .. is the multiple transfers every week instead of once a month okay?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...