Non-O Marriage (Also have kid) extension $$ questions

Hi,

First of all, sorry to make a new thread. I have looked through the first 7 pages to see if it's been answered. I somewhat have some same questions.

Anyway. My first 1 year extension is set to run out end of next month. When I got this the first time, I couldn't do the 40k per month option (I had to go to Laos and restart) And after, I had someone lend me the money. This time around I am hoping to go the 40k route but I am a little uncertain whether I could?

I also read on here that If I had the kid (and I also think I saw this on their website) that the 400K doesn't have to be seasoned for 2 months yes? (This will ultimately be a back up option)

So, I use Bangkok Bank and Transferwise.. 

However, I do not transfer once monthly but more like every 1-2 weeks the last 12 months... Unfortunately.. maybe the first month after I first got approved the one year. I think I was slightly under the 40K that month, but had a lot more than enough come in the following month (like a few days after)

If we considered all transactions the past 12 months, then the average would probably easily be over 55K a month.. 

Also, my income is mostly from a share of savings from my family, and some from a government benefit (I am from New Zealand btw) Does this sound like a problem? 

How does it look for me?

Much appreciated

D

400,000 in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 monthly income.

Immigration will want to see 40,000 entering your bank every month from abroad.

UPDATE: As you are from NZ you should be able to get a letter from your Embassy stating your monthly income.

There would then be no need for the bank transfer proof.

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

400,000 in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 monthly income.

Immigration will want to see 40,000 entering your bank every month from abroad.

UPDATE: As you are from NZ you should be able to get a letter from your Embassy stating your monthly income.

There would then be no need for the bank transfer proof.

Really? I read somewhere the 400,000 doesn't need to be 2 months if I have a child too??

Also.. I did exactly that last year with the letter from embassy. They didn't accept it

7 hours ago, toHs said:

Really? I read somewhere the 400,000 doesn't need to be 2 months if I have a child too??

Oly if you are applying for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai at many offices. Some offices will allow 400k baht it you have a Thai child an applying based upon marriage.

7 hours ago, toHs said:

Also.. I did exactly that last year with the letter from embassy. They didn't accept it

Maybe an officer that did not know it was still allowed. I think you do a statutory declaration at the NZ embassy.

7 hours ago, toHs said:

Usually they will only allow the marriage option if you qualify for both.

There should be no reason that they cannot accept the Embassy document.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Oly if you are applying for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai at many offices. Some offices will allow 400k baht it you have a Thai child an applying based upon marriage.

Maybe an officer that did not know it was still allowed. I think you do a statutory declaration at the NZ embassy.

Yeah I will be doing it at CW.

I got exactly that, the stat dec. Didn't accept... I was so <deleted>. 

But yeah .. is the multiple transfers every week instead of once a month okay?

Archived