medical certificate form for visa O A long stay application

While that form remains valid in the short term; it appears to be the case Covid will be added to it post 25 January. It may take a while for it to filter out to Consulates and Embassies worldwide though. 

For further info, have a look at the thread below:

21 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

While that form remains valid in the short term; it appears to be the case Covid will be added to it post 25 January. It may take a while for it to filter out to Consulates and Embassies worldwide though. 

Why would they do that to apply for a visa when it is only required for entry to the country at this time. After that they would deny entry based upon symptoms of it you display.

Also the requirement shown on a embassy website does not mention the immigration act since it is not relevant in this case.

"2.10 Medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months (Download)"

I am not sure they have change that Ministerial Regulation yet either.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
11 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

may take a while for it to filter out to Consulates and Embassies worldwide though. 

Why would they do that to apply for a visa

Because the medical certificate has always been a requirement when applying for a Non-immigrant O-A in your home country pre Covid and failure to provide it will see a denial of visa.

While a person's regular doctor could very well tick off the other diseases on the form without any tests already knowing your medical history, ticking off Covid without a test would be just asking for trouble.

I am not sure they have change that Ministerial Regulation yet either.

Granted; though in the quoted thread it is advised that the changes were published in the Gazette on 25 December. That's why I used the date of 25 January, that's been suggested this may come into effect under Sect.12(4) of the immigration act for changes to the medical certificate  for an O-A visa application, which is the visa the OP is making an enquiry about. Today it's the current form sans Covid, after the 25th it may well be a revised form including Covid.

The OP hasn't stated his timeframe and rightly or wrongly I considered it worthwhile to bring it to his attention.

29 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Because the medical certificate has always been a requirement when applying for a Non-immigrant O-A in your home country pre Covid and failure to provide it will see a denial of visa.

You snipped out a important part of my post.

Also the requirement shown on a embassy website does not mention the immigration act since it is not relevant in this case.

"2.10 Medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months (Download)"

I am not sure they have changed that Ministerial Regulation yet either.

You also have to remember immigration and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are different entities.

Having a covid 19 test done before applying for a visa in advance of your entry would be worthless since you could catch covid 19 the day after having the test done.

Thailand may keep the covid 19 test within 72 hours of departure requirement for entry to the country after they end the quarantine requirement and etc. Many countries are doing that now.

Archived