How can my dual citizenship wife go back to visit?

USC/Thai wife would like to got back to the village for a couple months as she has done for the last 8 years. The Consulate here in FL and the Embassy in DC are closed until Tues. I believe. 

I am thinking she would at least need to quarantine for the 14 days, hopefully around Patttaya or Rayong. I'm digging to look up the procedures but have not found the specifics yet. Thanks in advance. 

She starts off by writing to the Consulate / Embassy. 

There are two options:

- Apply for Certificate of Entry and Repatriation (embassy assigned flight / free quarantine) or

- Apply online for the Certificate of Entry with a Booked flight and Alternate State Quarantine which has to be paid for (in the same manner non-Thai’s do).

As suggested, calling the consulate would be the first step. But if I was her , at this point I would delay the trip a few months, (we are in FL also and in the same situation) 

I believe that most people in FL will be vaccinated by this spring,. Many countries have announced that they will lift travel restrictions for those vaccinated, and I think Thailand is considering it also. So wait couple of months and see. 

As I said, we are also in FL, we are planning to go to Greece for Easter in late April, (if allowed, I think we will be) and then fly to Thailand from there. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

Unless it is imperative that she goes now. wait until spring. 

The consulate in Florida can be of no help to her. It is a honorary consulate and may be closed.

The first step is to submit a Certificate Of Entry (COE) Application to the embassy in DC here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ 

Then she will need to choose the flight to here she wants use. Flight info and etc can be found here.

Thanks everyone for the very helpful advice. She usually doesn't go until March/April so as to be there during Sonkran. Now grand baby on the way there too. 

Vaccine activity is moving down here (Tampa Bay), my old Mom got the 1st shot a week ago. So I am hoping same like you guys said, if she can get it, it could help a lot. - Tango777

1 hour ago, Tango777 said:

Thanks everyone for the very helpful advice. She usually doesn't go until March/April so as to be there during Sonkran. Now grand baby on the way there too. 

Vaccine activity is moving down here (Tampa Bay), my old Mom got the 1st shot a week ago. So I am hoping same like you guys said, if she can get it, it could help a lot. - Tango777

We are on the other end of  I 4 and we are also looking at Late April, I Hope there will be movement on the travel restriction front by then.

Good Luck

On 1/18/2021 at 1:56 AM, RichardColeman said:

Ever considered there is a world wide pandemic with 2 million dead and a yearly trip might be unadvisable ? 

Maybe some political issues ( not mentioning which for known reasons ) aren't helping for the moment either....

Archived