Thailand's Covid-19 situation 'not a cause for concern yet'

webfact

5 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Re: "Both organisations have evaluated Thailand in "not high burden and not growing" countries, thanks to people's cooperation to contain the spread of the virus", Mondej said.

Unfortunately we have low-end falang walking along Pattaya Beach road between 5 pm to 7 pm shirtless, no masks, no social distancing at a time when the beach is most crowded. No cooperation and completely oblivious to their surroundings. The same type of people who intentionally remove or adjust their masks as  soon as theey pass shopping mall security. This behaviour only infuriates Thais and adds fire to the tightening of immigration laws.

Obviously that’s not creating a problem according to the WHO

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Covid-19 situation 'not a cause for concern yet'

By The Nation

800_c785f4e57c705ed.jpeg?v=1610884925

Thailand's Covid-19 situation is not severe, an infectious disease expert at MedPark Hospital, said on Sunday.

Asst Prof Mondej Sookpranee said the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Johns Hopkins (JHU) evaluate the situation in each country once they receive information.

According to WHO, Thailand's number of Covid-19 cases from December 14 to January 14 and 24-hour average were 7,025 and 271 respectively, accounting for an infection rate of 10.2 per cent and 0.4 per cent respectively per 100,000 population.

Meanwhile, JHU said the country's number of Covid-19 cases in the past 30 days and 24-hour average were 7,189 and 459 respectively, accounting for an infection rate per 100,000 population of 10.4 per cent and 0.7 per cent respectively.

"Both organisations have evaluated Thailand in "not high burden and not growing" countries, thanks to people's cooperation to contain the spread of the virus", Mondej said.

He urged Thais to continue following the government's Covid-19 prevention measures.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401374

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-18

...excuse me!...what did you say!

1 hour ago, riverhigh said:

Re: "Both organisations have evaluated Thailand in "not high burden and not growing" countries, thanks to people's cooperation to contain the spread of the virus", Mondej said.

Unfortunately we have low-end falang walking along Pattaya Beach road between 5 pm to 7 pm shirtless, no masks, no social distancing at a time when the beach is most crowded. No cooperation and completely oblivious to their surroundings. The same type of people who intentionally remove or adjust their masks as  soon as theey pass shopping mall security. This behaviour only infuriates Thais and adds fire to the tightening of immigration laws.

Are you for real? Ferlangs not the only ones flaunting the mask policy, are your eyes painted on? People are people world wide some smarter than others, boring world if we were all the same. Get on with life and let others do the same.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, eiszele2005 said:

Are you for real? Ferlangs not the only ones flaunting the mask policy, are your eyes painted on? People are people world wide some smarter than others, boring world if we were all the same. Get on with life and let others do the same.

"Get on with life and let others do the same"  ==> you mean let the self-centered foreigners continue direspecting the norms of Thai society and potentially spread the virus. If your beleifs are so strong that your rights override the safety of others I beg you, sir, to get the next flight to your home country where you can be with your own kind.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"Both organisations have evaluated Thailand in "not high burden and not growing" countries, thanks to people's cooperation to contain the spread of the virus", Mondej said.

Not growing, but numbers are increasing. Thai reasoning in full flow.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

"Get on with life and let others do the same"  ==> you mean let the self-centered foreigners continue direspecting the norms of Thai society and potentially spread the virus. If your beleifs are so strong that your rights override the safety of others I beg you, sir, to get the next flight to your home country where you can be with your own kind.

Again Bud that's not what I'm saying, but certainly where I am I can not single out ferlangs for disrespecting. I see hundreds of Thais without masks, or on their chins post security. 

I am quiet happy here but thankyou for your suggestion!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It's creating a problem for me having to look at these old shirtless guys with their big boobies in public.

Agree, it would be much nicer and better for health if they were good looking young girls, nationality is not important as long as they have long legs, big firm breasts and are not too expensive.55555555????????:cheesy:

• Haha 1

There sounds some concern in some peoples’ voices here today. Someone said they want a choice of vaccine !! Well, can you please tell me what country has currently a choice of vaccine for their population? All the world are taking the vaccines their government are buying, and no country (not even the UK) have given their population a choice of vaccine.  !!

• Confused 1

Then why has Chiang Mai been ordered to forbid alcohol in restaurants and shut

down the bars? Has devastated the city - Chiang Mai is a city of hospitality

for both Thai and foreign visitors, that is its principal commercial enterprise. 

There are ridiculously few cases of Covid in the city and hotels have gone

almost dark after a season of most welcome brightest lights since Covid

appeared in Thailand.  This kind of random government activity is truly very hard

on the city - and the country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1