Safety of Thai people most important for vaccination: PM

webfact

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

This comment shows a complete ignorant of how approval was achieved so quickly.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly

In my view on a topic of this sort on the forum ignorant, malicious and space wasting posts like the one above should simply be ignored or preferably deleted.If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute don't bother.Nobody is interested in "opinions" which have no substance in knowledge and evidence. 

555 do you feel better now that you have got that off your chest? ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

This comment shows a complete ignorance of how approval was achieved so quickly.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly

So what, they stand behind their product. The question is, do you trust them? No drugs are approved this quickly so this vaccine is novel in that regard and I don't like to be an early adopter of new technology.

• Like 1

@NorthernRyland

contrary to your statement.

only yesterday and a few days ago on ‘TalkRadio and ‘The One Show’ respectively did they have one of the leading scientists explaining that they have been working with these types of viruses for the past 10 years (sars and mers). She said that due to this historical data gathered, they could work straight away on covid and that new technology was able to strip the sticky spikes (corona) off the virus to create the vaccine. I do not agree with your statement or any founding truth behind what you have stated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Astra-Zeneca should be for sale in June or July for farangs, time will tell..... 

Below is a reply I received 2 days ago from the Consular Reply service at British Embassy, Bangkok

"Thank you for your enquiry of 16/01/2021.

The UK government are exploring vaccine options for people in the UK and their response to vaccine development is available to read on GOV.UK.

If you live in Thailand, you will need to approach the Thai authorities for their decisions about vaccines and how they might be developed and  administered.

You can keep up to date about any aspect of living in Thailand on our website:'

Conclusion:-
It seems the UK Trade Mission in Bangkok has no interest in helping  Expats who are probably paying UK Income Tax on their pension(s).
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Thailand has three promising domestic vaccines under development. It will also be the main production hub for the Astra Zeneca (Oxford) vaccine in SE Asia

Yea and no human trials yet, which country will be willing to run a Thai vaccine trial?  

Out of those three supposedly promising vaccines one of them is derived from plant leaves....LOL

They have the main ingredients already passed to them from Astra Zeneca but are still trying to perfect the development, with a company that has never produced a vaccine before its a slow process.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I don't make any truth claims. I merely said it would be prudent to wait longer until we adopt new technologies that are going into our bodies.

And prudent not to spread fear.  That doesn't help anyone.

Back up your statements with facts, not just opinions.

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea and no human trials yet, which country will be willing to run a Thai vaccine trial?  

Out of those three supposedly promising vaccines one of them is derived from plant leaves....LOL

They have the main ingredients already passed to them from Astra Zeneca but are still trying to perfect the development, with a company that has never produced a vaccine before its a slow process.

AZ has already run trials.  This is just a production facility under a licensing agreement.

Manufacturers are always trying to perfect the development.  Not sure what your point is.

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Back up your statements with facts, not just opinions.

What statement? I'm saying this is extremely unusual to have  a drug come on the market so fast. Corporations make mistakes. Things can happened in error so better be safe than sorry. If you trust they've made no mistakes then have fun with your vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

What statement? I'm saying this is extremely unusual to have  a drug come on the market so fast. Corporations make mistakes. Things can happened in error so better be safe than sorry. If you trust they've made no mistakes then have fun with your vaccine.

Stop.  Plenty here have told you why it was developed so fast.  You're just spreading misinformation...AKA...trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

They really love talking about themselves like they are the master race.

If they are so concerned with the safety of the vaccine, then why didn't Thailand make their own vaccine?

In a Thai lab, using thai equipment, bottled by a thai company complete with a thai logo stamped onto it.

I know why, because they CANT!!!

They are making one, Chula I believe based on Pfizer/Moderna technology of mRNA 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I only spread advice which is to be prudent when taking newly developed drugs. 

It's called an opinion and yours are wrong about this jab.  Spreading misinformation is wrong...and against forum rules.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

AZ has already run trials.  This is just a production facility under a licensing agreement.

Manufacturers are always trying to perfect the development.  Not sure what your point is.

My point was on the development of the Thai based vaccines, but regards the comment I made on the AZ one, yes the Thailand hub is just a production facility, but it has never produced a vaccine before and it has to perfect the process first even having the necessary ingredients and technology from AZ. Currently AZ are checking on the quality control of this development in Thailand. Although I have no doubt this will happen.

Here's an explainer on the current progress of the development, starts at 42.00 its not an easy listen however as the good doctor is trying his best at English

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

By Thai people he means the generals and the very Elite. 

The hard working man and women and CHILDREN of this country are not his or his governments concern.

This is why they have not purchased the vaccine in appropriate time.

What a BS he his delivering to people. 

People in other countries are not guinea pigs. They are voters. Something which you do not care much about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sure bet that many world governments have paid mightily in advance for vaccines that may be unsafe, useless or not thoroughly tested.

Surely he should be more concerned for anyone that pay their way includind taxes which keeps the country alive not just Thai people

4 hours ago, poohy said:

Try it on a few  monks first ... just  a suggestion, quality control an all that????

You think the monks will take the vaccine?  Why? 

That would go against their principles as they would be practicing attachment to their bodies.  If they get sick and die, it doesn't matter because their body is just a vessel.  To become attached only creates unhappiness.  They should be fine with getting the virus and dying.

Government reactions to Covid including their choice of vaccine are all influenced by politics and money. Thailand is no different.

China has already banned the use of the Pfizer and BioNTec vaccines. Now wait for western countries to ban Sinovax.

There’s a report on this here in German.

https://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de/508914/Nach-Todesfaellen-in-Norwegen-China-fordert-Streichung-des-Impfstoffs-von-Pfizer-und-BioNTec

A translation:

China demands that the BioNTec / Pfizer corona vaccine be canceled worldwide. Previously, 23 people in Norway had died after being vaccinated with the vaccine. Beijing thinks this is because of the vaccine. But behind China's warning could also be the aim of badmouthing Western vaccines in order to sell their own vaccine as part of a “vaccine war”.

Edited by Antonymous
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1