Safety of Thai people most important for vaccination: PM

webfact

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

Government reactions to Covid including their choice of vaccine are all influenced by politics and money. Thailand is no different.

China has already banned the use of the Pfizer and BioNTec vaccines. Now wait for western countries to ban Sinovax.

There’s a report on this here in German.

https://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de/508914/Nach-Todesfaellen-in-Norwegen-China-fordert-Streichung-des-Impfstoffs-von-Pfizer-und-BioNTec

A translation:

China demands that the BioNTec / Pfizer corona vaccine be canceled worldwide. Previously, 23 people in Norway had died after being vaccinated with the vaccine. Beijing thinks this is because of the vaccine. But behind China's warning could also be the aim of badmouthing Western vaccines in order to sell their own vaccine as part of a “vaccine war”.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Sinovac’s product has not yet been tested at all on over 59s or under 8s. Even the poor efficacy results seen in Brazil are not credible and are probably overstated, since they are not published in a reputable peer reviewed journal, just a meaningless press release. No data whatsoever has been seen on the Sinopharm product.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sure bet that many world governments have paid mightily in advance for vaccines that may be unsafe, useless or not thoroughly tested.

25 people in Norway have died after vacination. 

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Sure there was!

IT went from 70 percent efficacy to 50.4 percent, LOL.  

Sounds like typical china junk.  

If in Brazil they do PCR tests:
- PCR tests are not working 100%

- PCR tests with 40 cycles may give you positive, because you are immunated but your body has not yet eliminated the virus 100%

Why wont you believe the chineses ?

China offically says that their vaccin is a classical vaccin, it works 70% but ... in reallity works 100% because nobody is hospitalized !

Today they are the best in the world about immunilogy... why China has produced the 1st vaccin in the world that is a "classical" vaccin, and not choose to use an "arm vaccin" that has not been fully tested ?

6 hours ago, smedly said:

all lives matter especially the paying customers i.e. the tourists and foreigners living here

I am pretty sure that when the PM refer to the Thai people, he means all people living in Thailand. When you hear other world leaders, they always only refer to their people by name without mentioning the many foreigners living in their countries. Listen to the PM of the UK, the President of the US and others, it's always the same. So why criticize only the Thai PM???

1 hour ago, chiman said:

They are making one, Chula I believe based on Pfizer/Moderna technology of mRNA 

The Chula vaccine made with tobacco leaves is clearly a non-starter. They have been unsurprisingly unable to find any country willing to conduct their trials and have no production facilities or funding. The real purpose behind it was revealed last month when Anutin launched a scheme to get 1m Thais to donate B500 each to pay for construction of a factory to produce it. No more news on the fund raising drive to date.

A few years ago Chula announced they had produced a vaccine for Ebola but nothing more was ever heard of it after that.

10 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

If in Brazil they do PCR tests:
- PCR tests are not working 100%

- PCR tests with 40 cycles may give you positive, because you are immunated but your body has not yet eliminated the virus 100%

Why wont you believe the chineses ?

China offically says that their vaccin is a classical vaccin, it works 70% but ... in reallity works 100% because nobody is hospitalized !

Today they are the best in the world about immunilogy... why China has produced the 1st vaccin in the world that is a "classical" vaccin, and not choose to use an "arm vaccin" that has not been fully tested ?

What does this mean?

13 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:

So you're talking about a few dozen out of some 40+ million who've been jabbed?  And how many lives did these people save?  I'd say orders of magnitude greater for sure.

As for the Israelis:

"I can't say it was completely gone afterwards, but other than that I had no other pains, except a minor pain where the injection was but there was nothing beyond that," he added.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Well Mr Prayut, please go ahead with the Chinese vaccine....... See how that goes.....    As they say, " The last refuge of a rogue is patriotism "............

We were all made aware of this about 2 weeks ago..... 

9 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Yeah, no negative data will be coming from China about its vaccine, that is certain. 

I don’t think that’s true.

There was a report from Peru of a volunteer suffering from paralysis after trialing the Chinese vaccine. Brazil also stopped trials of Chinese vaccine,  it resumed 2 days ago.

I wouldn’t want to be in Laos at the moment

https://laotiantimes.com/2020/12/31/laos-receives-2000-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-from-china/

Edited by recom273

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You think the monks will take the vaccine?  Why? 

That would go against their principles as they would be practicing attachment to their bodies.  If they get sick and die, it doesn't matter because their body is just a vessel.  To become attached only creates unhappiness.  They should be fine with getting the virus and dying.

They're not supposed to consume Alcohol either but i've seen them multiple times in Tesco/Makro stacking it in Trolly's along with all the good food they are not supposed to consume either !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

They really love talking about themselves like they are the master race.

If they are so concerned with the safety of the vaccine, then why didn't Thailand make their own vaccine?

In a Thai lab, using thai equipment, bottled by a thai company complete with a thai logo stamped onto it.

I know why, because they CANT!!!

They always do the only thing they are any good at.....Talking !

8 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

None of these vaccines have been tested to the same standard as was previously required. Previous record was 4 years and these COVID ones haven't even got 12 months behind them. Anyone that claims to know what the long term consequences are is lying.

We all know China's record on health scandals very well so obviously Thais should be worried about this vaccine. Unless you're 80 years old I wouldn't even consider this until at least 100 million Chinese have taken it and then wait 12 months.

After using the vaccines, Norway now say it look like the vaccine is not safe to use on anyone over 80 years old.

11 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

So what’s the deal when will the long-term Ex pats to get the vaccine here in Thailand

At the end of the queue as the PM hasn't actually referred to them yet. however, if there's money to be made?..

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

At the end of the queue as the PM hasn't actually referred to them yet. however, if there's money to be made?..

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

Front line medical / health workers, border patrol / immigration & Customs, police, the elderly and then the general citizen population will be well ahead in the queue, in any country. Once the private hospitals here get the go ahead to purchase an approved vaccine Expats will have the privilege of paying for it. I can imagine the uproar in my home country if foreigners were allowed to jump the queue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I don’t think that’s true.

There was a report from Peru of a volunteer suffering from paralysis after trialing the Chinese vaccine. Brazil also stopped trials of Chinese vaccine,  it resumed 2 days ago.

I wouldn’t want to be in Laos at the moment

https://laotiantimes.com/2020/12/31/laos-receives-2000-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-from-china/

Yes, what I wrote and meant is China will not be admitting or sharing any negative news about its vaccines. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has said he would not risk Thai lives by rushing to approve vaccines that have not been fully tested.

Anyone saying that in the West would be branded a conspiracy theorist as it is well established that all new vaccines are 90% effective and 100% safe.