People want police to tackle narcotics problem: poll

webfact

People want police to tackle narcotics problem: poll

By The Nation

800_87e0b5124306756.jpg?v=1610872884

Most of the respondents of a Super Poll opinion survey want police officers to tackle the narcotics problem as soon as possible.

Noppadon Kannika, Super Poll Research Centre director, said the survey was conducted between January 10 and 15 with 1,675 respondents nationwide.

When asked which problems the police should tackle immediately (multiple choice):

91.8 per cent said narcotics;

87.8 per cent said gambling dens;

87.3 per cent said illegal migrant workers;

86.1 per cent said online crimes;

85.3 per cent said human trafficking.

When asked about reasons to reform the police force:

98.0 per cent said there were many problems, such as inequality in the judiciary system, gambling dens, illegal migrant workers and narcotics;

2.0 per cent did not respond.

When asked about ways to reform the police (multiple choice):

98.9 per cent said police should investigate corruption among its officers;

98.7 per cent said the prime minister should seek commanders who are ready to reform the police;

98.3 per cent said the police should allow citizens to participate in the reform;

95.8 per cent said the prime minister should initiate reform of police.

When asked about respondents' confidence in the prime minister's move to reform the police:

96.2 per cent said they had confidence;

3.8 per cent said they had no confidence.

When asked if the Covid-19 crisis was the best time for the prime minister to reform the police:

98.6 per cent said they agreed;

1.4 per cent said they did not agree.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401370

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-18

• Haha 2

Polls are controlled by the questions that are asked. What if they asked people if the police should be allowed to continue to buy their promotions? What if they asked if the salaries should be doubled but draconian laws established requiring prison time for accepting bribes?

Another point: Costa Rica abolished their military, and it worked for them. Thailand should do the opposite and abolish the RTP and start all over, be honest and let the military run everything for a while. The chang in the room is the fact that the RTP is a separate authority from the central government, and the current PM just has to live with the fact unless he wants to become for better or worse the biggest figure in Thailand history with all the risks that would entail. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

91.8 per cent said narcotics;

87.8 per cent said gambling dens;

87.3 per cent said illegal migrant workers;

86.1 per cent said online crimes;

85.3 per cent said human trafficking.

When asked about reasons to reform the police force:

No-one mentioned with police reforms 99% of the above would stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a related topic. SInce marijuana has been delisted as a narcotic, I have read at least one article that says Thailand is now allowing the sale of "Happy Pizza", as they do in Cambodia. I refuse to believe this. Does anyone have knowledge of such an enterprise in Thailand?? It would not appear possible if I am reading the law correctly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The Police are quite happy the way things are

For sure ,why wouldn't they be. If they have to fix All that then they would have to Work and Stop a lot of Business which they are Involved in .

Work is a 4 letter dirty word.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, Anthony Bartell said:

On a related topic. SInce marijuana has been delisted as a narcotic, I have read at least one article that says Thailand is now allowing the sale of "Happy Pizza", as they do in Cambodia. I refuse to believe this. Does anyone have knowledge of such an enterprise in Thailand?? It would not appear possible if I am reading the law correctly.

Not official of course, but you can find it around Pattaya...

not only useless leaves, but flowers also...