29 dead in Norway after given Vaccine

meechai

The BMJ reports 23 deaths:

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

Bloomberg reports:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/norway-vaccine-fatalities-among-people-75-and-older-rise-to-29

Why else are elderly people being prioritized for vaccination....?

Besides which, the Norwegians had " serious underlying...etc"

And last Friday, Pfizer allegedly have a supply issue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55666399

Coincidence.....?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

They were not terminally ill per se...their only terminal condition was old age and frailty. The reason they vaccinate is that elderly patients in a state of frailty have a 90% probability of hospitalization if contracting Covid-19. My mom was in a care home for many years...I would visit one day and some residents would be chatting and joking with me and the next day when I arrive....they'd be gone...anything can trigger sudden death in that population...

It does say terminally ill in this video, that's were I saw it.

• Like 1

Maybe it was not such a bright idea to inject these frail people with (any) vaccine.

Interesting note: in the Pfizer-BioNTech phase III trial, the oldest patients were 85 (41% fell in the age group of 56-85). It is simply to risky to include very elderly people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm staying in the queue.

Me too, but I agree "why only Norway" certainly needs investigating although I suspect the result will be that they quite possibly would have died anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is seeking more information about the deaths, but in Norway it's only triggered a small adjustment to how vaccinations are delivered.

The TGA confirmed it had received reports of "about 30" deaths of people in nursing homes who received the vaccine, though noted approximately 400 people die in an ordinary week in Norwegian nursing homes.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-18/pfizer-norway-vaccine-concerns-safe-australia-deaths/13065868

Edited by Salerno

43 minutes ago, sirineou said:

About 50,000 of the elderly and high risk get vaccinated and of those 50,000 , twenty nine died.

I wonder if there was no Pandemic and no Vaccine, how many of that 50,000 elderly high risk crowd would had died? 

You are right. With or without vaccine we all will die anyway.

BUT if you give a person the vaccine and this person dies because of this then you killed this person... 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

I sincerely hope you're not classing a 56 year old as 'very elderly' ????.

What I said was that the vaccine had not been tested on people aged over 85. For me anyone above this age is  elderly. Concerning the health of this group, this differs enormously from basically unable to do anything themselves to fine. Hence it should be decided on a case by case base whether they could be vaccinated. In many of the Norwegian cases, it seems that the risk far outweighed the (potential) benefits. However, if and to what extent the vaccin was responsible for their death is not clear at the moment so it is too early to jump to conclusions. It would not surprise me if there actualy is a disclaimer on using the vaccine in untested groups (which for the Pfizer vaccine means anyone outside the 18-85 age range).

Finally, if 56 was 'very elderly' (which is not said anywhere), I would be 'extremely elderly'.  

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

You are right. With or without vaccine we all will die anyway.

BUT if you give a person the vaccine and this person dies because of this then you killed this person... 

Yes, and if you never get into an automobile, you will never die of a car crash.  If you never swim, you cannot drown.  If you never overeat, you will not die from obesity from which 3 million die each year.  BUT people still do all these things every day.  Up to You as they say

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, faraday said:

<snip>

And last Friday, Pfizer allegedly have a supply issue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55666399

Coincidence.....?

The hold-up is due to a "problem in the loading and shipment process" at its plant in Belgium, the health ministry said in a statement, citing the Spanish branch of Pfizer.

Health Minister Salvador Illa told Spanish radio network SER that the delay was due to a problem "linked to the control of the temperature" of the shipments which was "apparently fixed."

The vaccine, which uses mRNA technology, is extremely sensitive to heat. It is stored at nearly -70 degrees Celsius (-112°F) ahead of shipping, before being sent to distribution centres in specially designed cool boxes filled with dry ice.

On arrival, it must be kept at 2°C to 8°C for it to remain effective for up to five days.

https://www.dw.com/en/biontech-pfizer-delays-covid-vaccine-deliveries-to-8-eu-nations/a-56074466

Edited by MJCM

23 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, and if you never get into an automobile, you will never die of a car crash.  If you never swim, you cannot drown.  If you never overeat, you will not die from obesity from which 3 million die each year.  BUT people still do all these things every day.  Up to You as they say

There is a big difference. I trust the company that produces the vaccine and the person who gives me the vaccine that it will not kill me. Take your example with the car crash. If it crashes because of technical design problems the car company will be responsible. 

Anyhow. This means that never anybody can be forced to get the vaccination and I also expect legal consequences. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Sadly 3 kids died in Oz recently when a car doing donuts crashed and they weren't in a car.People drown in the bath.If you don't swim and you're in deep water chances are you'll drown. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

There is a big difference. I trust the company that produces the vaccine and the person who gives me the vaccine that it will not kill me. Take your example with the car crash. If it crashes because of technical design problems the car company will be responsible. 

Anyhow. This means that never anybody can be forced to get the vaccination and I also expect legal consequences. 

Agree to a point, though tire blowouts, "brake" failures, etc... have led to deaths unintentional by manufacturers.

True, you cannot be "forced" to take a vaccine. Yet you may not be able to fly on a commercial airline, enter foreign countries,  or possibly eat in restaurants without a vaccine certificate.  Individual and corporate decisions to protect others that follow simple health and safety guidelines.  But again - it is "up to you"

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Life is all about choices.

Whilst I don't think that it will come to this, there could a choice of vaccinate and remain in Thailand - or not. That is when you can test your priorities as I guess few airlines will check you in without a certificate.