29 dead in Norway after given Vaccine

meechai

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Life is all about choices.

Whilst I don't think that it will come to this, there could a choice of vaccinate and remain in Thailand - or not. That is when you can test your priorities as I guess few airlines will check you in without a certificate.

The end resoult is the strong take vaccine to protect the weak! And even if we still do not know if those who is vaccinated can be infected by covid19 with no symptoms and continue to spread the virus?

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The end resoult is the strong take vaccine to protect the weak! And even if we still do not know if those who is vaccinated can be infected by covid19 with no symptoms and continue to spread the virus?

Your opinion has no value.

If Immigration/Airlines require a vaccination certificate you can either choose to have one or not. That is all that matters in the real world...... the end result is that YOU would choose to go, or stay.

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2021 at 4:50 PM, KhaoYai said:

This is a concern and will be used to its absolute extent by the anti vax brigade.  However, for now I think its best taken in perspective.  Millions of Pfizer vaccinations have taken place and as far as I know, nobody else has died - why only in Norway?

There have been a few allergic reactions in the UK but all of those were people who'd had allergic reactions in the past and all of them were fully recovered within 24 hours.  The UK government has given instructions that until the results of investigations are known, those who have had allergic reactions to vaccinations and medications in the past should not be given either the Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccine.

I believe there were also 21 cases of allergic reactions in the US - out of 1.9 million vaccinations (at the time).

I'm staying in the queue.

I totally agree, this a scare story, which I'm sure in the anti vax forums of the internet will be running rampant.

My wife is in our State's 1A category and is off for her first shot on Thursday, I'm a 1E and scheduled for April. None of these stories deter either of us in the slightest about getting this done

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 6:51 AM, sirineou said:

That was funny ???? LMAO

It was funny in a silly way, actually. Would it more more or less sense to have dropped "after given vaccine" and for the headline to have read "29 Dead in Norway"?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

"We are not alarmed by this. It is quite clear that these vaccines have very little risk, with a small exception for the frailest patients," Steinar Madsen, medical director with the agency, said, according to ABC News.

"Doctors must now carefully consider who should be vaccinated. Those who are very frail and at the very end of life can be vaccinated after an individual assessment," he added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/norway-raises-concern-of-covid-19-vaccine-on-frail-elderly-2021-1

• Like 1

If the people are elderly and very frail..and so likely to have a high chance of dying if give the vaccination...then, the people giving them the injections know it might very well kill them....isn't that basically manslaughter?

Why give such people the vaccine?! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:
On 1/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Strange this seems a Norway problem only, unless censorship going on

Censorship.....about Covid 19????.....Nah, that would never happen!!

Wait...let me just check the situation on CNN, and MSNBC.....

Nope, everything ok! 

And Fox? Do they have the horrible truth?

Weird comments. You all continue to demonize "anti vaxers"...  Isn't it ironic those who try to warn people are made out to be bad in lucifer's world...  Bad is good. Good is bad... Lies are truth.  I look forward to the day you all upstanding citizens ???????? get your vaccines..  And in a lot of ways, it is people like you who have mostly cured me of concern for my fellow man...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XBroker said:

Weird comments. You all continue to demonize "anti vaxers"...  Isn't it ironic those who try to warn people are made out to be bad in lucifer's world...  Bad is good. Good is bad... Lies are truth.  I look forward to the day you all upstanding citizens ???????? get your vaccines..  And in a lot of ways, it is people like you who have mostly cured me of concern for my fellow man...

In context more people very hurt from tripping over their slippers than from taking vaccines, yet the Anti-vaxxers scream much much louder than those who suggest we shouldn't wear slippers in our home !!!

Measles is a vaccine preventable disease, yet in 2019 140,000 people (mostly children) died from the Measles - this was an increase of 15% an attributed to people not taking the vaccine - influenced by anti-vaxxers?? - Maybe. 

Also to blame was poor education, Unicef estimated that 86% of children took the first does of the Measles vaccine, only 70% went on to take the necessary second dose. 

Many vaccines require herd immunity to limit their spread and vaccines have been either eliminated or are not longer a concern, either globally or in many of the nations we are from purely as a result of vaccination programs (Polio, Smallpox, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B, Chickenpox).

The reason many of those who refuse to take vaccines have survived these diseases is for no other reason than they have not been exposed to them thanks to the majority of have taken the vaccines and proven herd immunity. 

Anti-vaxxers are unpopular because ultimately they are not only stupid, but also selfish. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anti-vaxxers are unpopular because ultimately they are not only stupid, but also selfish. 

Well,  that was intelligent...  ???? At least he didn't call me a poopy face. Most of our posts disappear from online sites, so I fail to see how we can eve be vocal here or on any forum.  Just in case you miss your vax, you can have mine...

Edited by XBroker
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XBroker said:

Well,  that was intelligent...  ???? At least he didn't call me a poopy face. Most of our posts disappear from online sites, so I fail to see how we can eve be vocal here or on any forum.  Just in case you miss your vax, you can have mine...

Honestly I couldn't care less if you are stupid enough into buying in to the anti vax thing.

But think carefully about what that means for your kids, your grandkids. I assume you wouldn't want them to get the vaccine either, happily donating that to someone else?

I wonder if people before the polio vaccine said, 'screw that I'll give it to someone else'.

I suspect that most of us here were born in the 1950's and 60's. Our parents were terrified about the thought of polio and their kids. I have a hard time thinking of the same anti vax conversation happening then!

I really don't understand you people, but if you want to risk your life and those of your family go for it.

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The original story has been debunked.  I know, shocking...rrright?!  Why does this silly thread filled with the usual false info,  conspiracies, and FUD nonsense continue to exist???

Edited by shdmn

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

The fact this thread still has not been deleted or locked tells me all I need to know. I guess I need to find some place else to go for thailand news rather than 1/3 news, 1/3 conspiracy, 1/3 xenophobia.  Anyone have any suggestions.

I get your point, but this is a forum after all where we all offer an opinion,  the moderators try , as best as they can to contain opinions with in the facts and not allow misinformation to propagate,  but it is a balancing act between keeping things civil and truthful and allowing freedom of expression. 

I have followed you  posts and you always seem very reasonable and fair  , so I am willing to bet that if  you were a moderator, you would not moderate much differently thay it is being done now. 

Anyway, what do you have against all these conspiracy theorists?

I love it!!

it's like shooting fish in a barrel. They make me look like an FN genius,, a task not easily accomplished in real life. 

Enjoy it!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XBroker said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have chosen to handle one line of my response and ignored the facts I presented - I’ll present more facts for you and see if you concentrate, yet again on a single facet of the discussion and ignore major facts. 

I would ask anyone who who doesn’t believe in vaccines or refuses to take vaccines how they would feel if they had to live in an area with an outbreak of Polio, Smallpox.... The reasons they are alive today could very well be because of a vaccine they had as a child, or they have been protected by herd-immunity form the vaccines others have taken. 

Would vaccine deniers be comfortable with their children living in an area with a known measles outbreak.

Facts: Measles kills 2 in 1000 unvaccinated people (in developed countries - much higher in developing nations)

The MMR vaccination causes an adverse reaction in 1 in million people who receive the vaccine. 

OR, would you do you deny the facts. 

Andrew Wakefield’s study is often sited as a major lead in the vaccine denier movement - his paper’s have been been thoroughly debunked, his medical licence was revoked - Anti-Vaxxers will argue conspiracy of big pharma or something equally as mind-numbingly unimaginative. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, XBroker said:

If you chose not take any vaccine, that's entirely up to you and I can respect that viewpoint.

However, if you shout at me and try to prevent me from getting any vaccine that I chose to get, then, well... you're a poopy face.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, NanLaew said:

If you chose not take any vaccine, that's entirely up to you and I can respect that viewpoint.

However, if you shout at me and try to prevent me from getting any vaccine that I chose to get, then, well... you're a poopy face.

Well, the problem with respecting his viewpoint, as opposed to his rights, is that unvaccinated people do pose a threat to others.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, richard_smith237 said:

In context more people very hurt from tripping over their slippers than from taking vaccines, yet the Anti-vaxxers scream much much louder than those who suggest we shouldn't wear slippers in our home !!!

Measles is a vaccine preventable disease, yet in 2019 140,000 people (mostly children) died from the Measles - this was an increase of 15% an attributed to people not taking the vaccine - influenced by anti-vaxxers?? - Maybe. 

Also to blame was poor education, Unicef estimated that 86% of children took the first does of the Measles vaccine, only 70% went on to take the necessary second dose. 

Many vaccines require herd immunity to limit their spread and vaccines have been either eliminated or are not longer a concern, either globally or in many of the nations we are from purely as a result of vaccination programs (Polio, Smallpox, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B, Chickenpox).

The reason many of those who refuse to take vaccines have survived these diseases is for no other reason than they have not been exposed to them thanks to the majority of have taken the vaccines and proven herd immunity. 

Your refence to the measles vaccine indicates you're lumping all anti-vaxers in with the folks who question the wisdom of taking a vaccine that's been rushed to market (approved on an emergency basis), not out long enough to know the long term effects, and for a disease that has a minuscule chance of putting them in a hospital, much less killing them- based on their age.

Not hard to understand balancing the largely unknown risk of the Covid vaccine against the risk of Covid itself and making a very different decision than balancing the well known risk of the decades proven polio vaccine against the risk of polio itself.  Or measles, or smallpox...

I'll take the Covid vaccine when it's available to me.  But I can see how a reasonable person may make a different decision based on their own circumstances.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Your refence to the measles vaccine indicates you're lumping all anti-vaxers in with the folks who question the wisdom of taking a vaccine that's been rushed to market (approved on an emergency basis), not out long enough to know the long term effects, and for a disease that has a minuscule chance of putting them in a hospital, much less killing them- based on their age.

Not hard to understand balancing the largely unknown risk of the Covid vaccine against the risk of Covid itself and making a very different decision than balancing the well known risk of the decades proven polio vaccine against the risk of polio itself.  Or measles, or smallpox...

I'll take the Covid vaccine when it's available to me.  But I can see how a reasonable person may make a different decision based on their own circumstances.

I agree.

My response was to Xbroker's comment [You all continue to demonize "anti vaxers"...]

In general, Anti-vaxxers are paranoid characters and the subject of the Covid-19 Vaccine is a dog whistle to them - the same type of characters often deny the moon landings and call conspiracy on 9-11.

Specifically dealing with the Covid-29 vaccine: I think it it is not irrational to have concerns. 

My concern with the Vaccine is specifically regarding ‘other countries’ receiving a licence to produce a vaccine and while under pressure to produce taking shortcuts in that production with part of the process not just the Antigen but the other proportions of a vaccine i.e. the Adjuvant and Excipients (Buffers and ionic compounds, Preservatives, Residuals, Stabilisers, Surfactants/emulsifiers, Diluents, Solvents)

I have am of the opinion that given MERS and SARS-CoV-1 there was already existing research which was stepped up significantly for SARS-CoV-2. The process evolution of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine research has altered from a wholly bureaucratic and slow approval process at each stage where simple applications and approvals to progress in the past have taken years are now taking days given the international attention.

In short, the development of the vaccine has not taken any short cuts, its just been make wholly more efficient while vast resources not usually made available have been provided. 

What does not seem certain is the long term impact of a new vaccine (i.e. 20 years from now, most of the concerns are rational uncertainty borne of irrational fears). However, as these vaccines piggy-back on existing vaccine technology the long term potential impact while uncertain is perhaps somewhat limited and the risks inline with existing vaccines (nothing is 100% risk free). 

Finally, of course, is the other risks accounted with distrust... The Chines Vaccine, the Russian Vaccine etc etc - personally, I’m not ok with either (an irrational paranoia) and will wait for the UK vaccine !!