Mr Hun Sen will be the first to take the Sinopharm vaccine upon delivery of one million doses from China

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen will be the first person in Cambodia to be vaccinated when the Sinopharm vaccines are delivered to the Kingdom, a move to infuse confidence and trust in Cambodians that the vaccines are safe. Mr Hun Sen who made the announcement on his Facebook page yesterday also revealed that on Friday he had accepted a donation of one million doses of the vaccine from China.

“Today, in order to build trust in vaccines and promote the fight against COVID-19, I wish to announce that the first injection of the vaccine will be given to me. I must be on the front line, which has been my normal habit for decades,” Mr Hun Sen said. He added that the vaccine would be free and offered on a voluntary basis, but in the future, the country will need many more vaccines to inoculate between 10 and 13 million people or about 80 percent of the population.

In an audio message, Mr Hun Sen said he had gone back on his previous commitment to only obtain vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) because of the current virus situation in Cambodia. A team of WHO experts are currently in China testing the Sinopharm vaccine.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50804343/pm-to-take-first-shot-mr-hun-sen-will-be-the-first-to-take-the-sinopharm-vaccine-upon-delivery-of-one-million-doses-from-china/

• Haha 1

Oh, that brought a tear to my glass eye, truly a man of the people! ????

12 minutes ago, geovalin said:

I must be on the front line, which has been my normal habit for decades,” Mr Hun Sen said.

First in line at the trough!