Private hospitals providing Covid-19 vaccines

JTXR

I know the government recently said that private hospitals can import and administer Covid-19 vaccines (for a fee, of course).

Does anyone know if there is a site that will detail which hospitals and which vaccines they expect to get and when?  Or are people just going to have to call the hospitals to find out?

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

A vaccine has to be approved first - none have been approved to date.  Vibhavadi Hospital was ordered to cease advance sales at end of December but believe they have ordered so will likely be one of the first to actually have.  Original order was to be Moderna vaccine but not sure if that was actual order.

The AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine that will be produced locally and the Chinese vaccine that the government has purchased haven't been approved?  That's odd.

It will be widely known when vax will be available in private hospitals.

At least 4 bangkok hospitals are planning to bring each up to 50-60k of moderna. Price would be in 6-10k range.

The first will be approved sinovac, available from February to medics. Rather small chance it will be given to any foreigner, because the government bought only 2mln doses, before astrazeneca will be available. But if anybody is in a risk group they can register with local authorities and hope for the best.

In May thai made astrazeneca, unless some private hospital imports them. I think unlikely, as it's cheap vax and private hospitals won't be able to made mark up. 

49 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Vibhavadi Hospital was ordered to cease advance sales at end of December but believe they have ordered so will likely be one of the first to actually have.  Original order was to be Moderna vaccine but not sure if that was actual order.

Yeah I saw that in Reuters a few days back. 

Rather ridiculous that the gov is sitting on their hands with approval and blocking private hospitals from ordering and administering on their own and for profit while at the same time ordering the worst (chinese) vaccine for its people. 

Makes no logical sense other than they (the gov) want to vaccinate thais first (for show) and they don't want to "look bad" by having privates vaccinating people with money while the general population cant afford it. 

To OP:

Like lopburi said: once the government actually approves these vaccinations for public use AND allows private hospitals to order their own stock and administer for profit, then I imagine it would be time to start calling hospitals. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

At least 4 bangkok hospitals are planning to bring each up to 50-60k of moderna. Price would be in 6-10k range.

The first will be approved sinovac, available from February to medics. Rather small chance it will be given to any foreigner, because the government bought only 2mln doses, before astrazeneca will be available. But if anybody is in a risk group they can register with local authorities and hope for the best.

In May thai made astrazeneca, unless some private hospital imports them. I think unlikely, as it's cheap vax and private hospitals won't be able to made mark up. 

200-330$ for 1 shot?Wow!Moderna costs around 18$ per dose.Greedy hospitals

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

A vaccine has to be approved first - none have been approved to date.  Vibhavadi Hospital was ordered to cease advance sales at end of December but believe they have ordered so will likely be one of the first to actually have.  Original order was to be Moderna vaccine but not sure if that was actual order.

Good luck with the vaccine. I would suggest you check out how many people are dying around the world shortly after jab.

• Haha 2

No vaccine has been approved for use in Thailand.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401126?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

Application has been submitted for the two you mentioned but they have not yet been approved.

Yes that is correct but the delay is due to the amount that should go into the brown or red envelops? ????  The Chinese one doesn't count it is coming from family ( we are brothers theory ) 

• Confused 1

No vaccine has been approved for use in Thailand.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401126?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

Application has been submitted for the two you mentioned but they have not yet been approved.

Spoke with my American doctor yesterday and neither AstraZenaca or Moderna have applied to import their vaccines for approval to ship to Thailand.

I think the government should rethink any policy that excludes foreigners from the public vaccination program.  I am not an accountant, so I can not determine the cost, but not to do so is detrimental to their overall goal of public safety. The government needs to mobilize the private medical system.  It should enlist all private hospitals and subsidize their efforts.

And that would include Thais who want to "jump the line" for vaccination not just foreigners. I don't favor doing that just because it is affordable to some and not to others, but vaccination of the population should not be a profit center.

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

Do you have any evidence whatsoever in support this information you are providing here?

14 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Spoke with my American doctor yesterday and neither AstraZenaca or Moderna have applied to import their vaccines for approval to ship to Thailand.

Well go back and tell him he's wrong.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-orders-a-further-35-million-doses-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-idUSKBN29A0VF

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Astrazeneca applied the last week, the very same day as sinovac. 
for aż there is a lot of time, at least till may, when thai made will be available

Sinovac coming already in february. 

7 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Yeah I saw that in Reuters a few days back. 

Rather ridiculous that the gov is sitting on their hands with approval and blocking private hospitals from ordering and administering on their own and for profit while at the same time ordering the worst (chinese) vaccine for its people. 

Makes no logical sense other than they (the gov) want to vaccinate thais first (for show) and they don't want to "look bad" by having privates vaccinating people with money while the general population cant afford it. 

To OP:

Like lopburi said: once the government actually approves these vaccinations for public use AND allows private hospitals to order their own stock and administer for profit, then I imagine it would be time to start calling hospitals. 

No way Thai people will touch Chinese vaccines from what I’ve heard , they don’t trust China 

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

I read today that Vibhavadi Hospital and the Thonburi group of hospitals, ( THG), has it on order and the price will be around 3,200 baht for two shots.

Astrazeneca stated that they were producing at either $3 or 3 GBP,  per shot and were passing it on as a humanitarian act without adding a mark up! That would mean actual costs are between 90 baht and 120 baht per shot.

Let's be honest, it will be available in all the Big hospitals such as Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospitals as soon as it is passed by the government, they are not going to miss out on anything, even if it is only ' credibility and bragging rights ' to promote their brands and the ' caring face of healthcare '.

Beyond me, why Thailand hasn't put these vaccines getting passed to the top of the agenda

THG group includes these :-

• Thonburi Hospital
  • Thonburi 2 Hospital
  • Rajyindee Hospital
  • Ubonrak Thonburi Hospital
  • Sirivej Chanthaburi Hospital
  • Thonburi Thung Song Hospital
  • Ar Yu International Hospital The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
  • Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital
  • Thonburi Burana Hospital
  • Pattaya City Hospital
  • Phuket Provincial Hospital
  • Koh Lan International Medical Center
  • Clinic Heart Center at Phatara Thonburi Hospital
  • Clinic Heart Center Thonburi 2 Hospital
  • Clinic Heart Center Phatthalung Hospital.

I know the Thai government and the Cambodian government are trying to keep the Chinese happy with regards to using Sinovac.

Just found the link!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thai-private-hospitals-reserve-covid-19-vaccines-ahead-of-approval-idUSKBN29N0XK

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

AstraZeneca vaccine will be produced in Thailand by a Thai company. It will not be imported for sale. A small amount is being imported by the Thai government to help expedite the Thai FDA approval process. AstraZeneca's FDA application does not allow it be imported by the private sector, per Thai FDA Sec-Gen in KhaoSod yesterday evening. https://www.khaosod.co.th/covid-19/news_5763659

8 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

More importantly, there are existing supply contracts. countries who put up development and seed money last year are first in line. Because Thailand had not contributed anything, it is at the back of the line. I believe in planning it is called priorities: Vaccines v. Submarine purchase v. Army golf course v. bloated army generals compensation.

11 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Can you prove and back up that statement?

They will find the one story (that probably is not even related and just coincidence) that gets widely reported out of millions and millions that don't have any problems and say "see, everyone is getting autism" or whatever. ????

Edited by shdmn

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Private hospitals have been given the ok to order and the hospital I use has ordered the Pfizer vaccine.

15 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

Good luck with the vaccine. I would suggest you check out how many people are dying around the world shortly after jab.

Suggest you check out how many have died around the world from covid before any chance of a vaccine, and far from over.

Time you realised, if it wasn't for vaccines, we wouldn't be here today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1