Biden may cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit as soon as his first day in office: source

webfact

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

How about going green and getting out of oil?

First off lets for the sake of discussion say that going without oil is a desirable goal.  You don't cut off the supply of oil until you have the alternative in place.  40% of electricity in the USA comes from Coal, 40% from Natural Gas. 10% from Nuclear, and only 10% from renewables.  The vast majority of cars, trucks, and all airplanes still run on refined petroleum products.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Again, selective bias.  Your opinion.  Not fact.  You say the person is talented is certainly not a validation that they are, nor is your opinion that Trumps appointments lacked talent anything more than your biased opinion. 

No. You seem to have a problem with the concept of evidence. To wax biblical "By their fruits ye shall know them."

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Nope. Just the majority. I ignore those on the fringes.

LOL  Go ahead show me the "majority"  In your opinion.  The majority is whatever you agree with, and like others you dismiss any expert as "false" if you do not agree with them.  Am I biased, sure.  However as pointed out.  Trumps picks were often flawed and so are Biden's 

48 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

It is not "my opinion"  As stated the oil has and continues to be sent to the USA.  So the only thing that has been accomplished is for them to make the oil more expensive.  You can argue whether the pipeline or rail transport causes more environmental damage.  As for alternative sources, fine.  But guess what.  They aren't there yet.  So cutting off oil before you have any alternatives is just plain foolish. 

They are there ! Another denier of facts 

4 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

LOL  Go ahead show me the "majority"  In your opinion.  The majority is whatever you agree with, and like others you dismiss any expert as "false" if you do not agree with them.  Am I biased, sure.  However as pointed out.  Trumps picks were often flawed and so are Biden's 

You don't have to be an expert in an area to be a good manager. Just hire qualified people under you and help them do a great job. Pete is a super smart man. He's no comparison to nut job DeVos. What a horrible person. Same with Navarro, Pompeo, etc, etc, etc.

Just now, pixelaoffy said:

They are there ! Another denier of facts

What facts.  That oil is still coming to the USA?  As said, the only thing accomplished is the oil will come by tanker truck and rail.  Please spare me when the tanker overturns and you blame the oil companies for the spill. 

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Pete is a super smart man

You again are showing your huge bias.  Pete was the mayor of South Bend Indiana.  A town of 102,000 people it has a 13.3% unemployment rate  It reportedly has a looming budget crisis.  And yet you say he is a super smart man.  Again, name 5 things that Buttigieg accomplished that DEMOSTRATE his proficiency. 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/controller-south-bend-vulnerable-for-budget-deficit-without-spending-cuts-or-revenue-increase/article_31da8f75-93d9-5da5-9b67-bd656d7775cd.html

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

You again are showing your huge bias.  Pete was the mayor of South Bend Indiana.  A town of 102,000 people it has a 13.3% unemployment rate  It reportedly has a looming budget crisis.  And yet you say he is a super smart man.  Again, name 5 things that Buttigieg accomplished that DEMOSTRATE his proficiency. 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/controller-south-bend-vulnerable-for-budget-deficit-without-spending-cuts-or-revenue-increase/article_31da8f75-93d9-5da5-9b67-bd656d7775cd.html

Read this an weep.  Your bias is showing.  He's smart than most.  All of us here for sure.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/19/us/pete-buttigieg-fast-facts/index.html

Education: Harvard College, 2004, B.A., History and Literature; University of Oxford, 2007 (Rhodes Scholar)

Speaks eight languages: English, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian, Maltese, Arabic, Dari and French.

Plays piano and guitar and has performed with the South Bend Symphony Orchestra.

2007-2010 - Consultant at McKinsey & Company in Chicago.

February-September 2014 - Deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan, as an intelligence officer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, mtls2005 said:

Hear, hear.

Someone probably said the same thing about the 13th and 19th Amendments. Bloody progress, who needs it.

And bring back coal, right. That was a trump "promise".

Oh, and bring back those buggy-whip manufacturing jobs.

LOL! not even worth commenting on...