Need a new wifi router around 100$ +-10$

mrmicbkktxl

I've got several TP-Link routers both here and in the UK. They are great routers and have an easy to use interface for setting WiFi network names and passwords etc. The TP-Link Archer AX50 - AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router seems very good value and if you have a WiFi 6 capable device (phone, tablet, laptop) will get faster speeds. It's got good reviews and Lazada has this model for 2,590 Baht. Please share back here what you ultimately choose and how it works out for you.

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I've got several TP-Link routers both here and in the UK. They are great routers and have an easy to use interface for setting WiFi network names and passwords etc. The TP-Link Archer AX50 - AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router seems very good value and if you have a WiFi 6 capable device (phone, tablet, laptop) will get faster speeds. It's got good reviews and Lazada has this model for 2,590 Baht. Please share back here what you ultimately choose and how it works out for you.

Now you got me good none of my devices are WiFi6 capable so I guess I will need to look for a WiFi 5 router.

Do you have any suggestions?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Now you got me good none of my devices are WiFi6 capable so I guess I will need to look for a WiFi 5 router.

Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, still go with a WiFi 6 router as they are latest technology and all your old stuff will still work (possibly faster anyway). Any new stuff you get that is WiFi 6 capable will be able to use faster speeds.

• Thanks 1

I bought a tp link deco mesh system the other month, I’m really impressed.

However, I wanted a little more control over my network so I bought a unifi USG router and then used my deco pucks in AP mode.

Anyway, cut to the chase - I didn’t want to go down the UniFi ecosystem route at first, but after trialing the router and the controller software, I think it’s the way forward. You talk about wifi6 - the APs aren’t available yet, but they will in the future, when they are, just buy the WiFi AP and connect to the UniFi router. I have bought quite a few WiFi routers but UniFi is like an easy to config modular system. It may seem expensive on first glance, but i think over the years it will even out.