In case of losing job : which visa options ?

Hi,

I'm currently working in TH and have a wife (farang) and kid. All on my working visa. 

In case I lose my job, what are the options that would cover all the family ? 

- ED visa ? 

- Volunteer visa ?

- Special Tourist Visa ? 

- Guardian visa doesn't seem to work with the school my kid is in

Thanks

I think the easiest option would be to have the child get an extension for studying at a school, and one of the parents can then get an extension for being the guardian. Then you just need to think about what to do with the other parent, as you said already, maybe studying or volunteering.

There are only other types of extension options. You cannot apply for a visa at immigration.

Extension based upon studying at a formal school (university and etc) is possible.

Volunteer extension is a yes your family member to get a extension.

A extension for one parent of a child attending school is possible but it requires 500k baht in the bank for 30 day and 90 days after. I have seen no list of schools that do not qualify for it. They do need go to be on a extension of stay based upon attending a school.

A STV can only be applied for at a embassy or official consulate in your home country.

16 minutes ago, trololojohn said:

Thanks for the replies. The first feedback we got from the school was that it was not something they could help us with. I'll check again.

For your child's non-ed visa about the only thing needed is that the school be registered with ministry of education if it is a private school.

For your it is a different story since there is difference between formal and informal schools.

Archived