Requirements for returning Thais.

I can find very little concise information on the requirements for returning Thais on Embassy website.

Maybe I'm not searching in the right place.

As far as I can confirm;

1. Thais do not require any Covid Insurance cover.

2. They do require;

a) A Fit to Fly Certificate

b) A valid Covid test.

c) A COE letter

d) Completed T8 form.

Have I missed anything?

A link to an informative website would be most useful.

I know they have to be quarantined.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Have I missed anything?

That appears correct.

The COE application website in Thai has some info as well. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=th

"If the airline you choose to use requires that you have a medical certificate or a PCR COVID-19 test that confirms COVID-19 is free. You will need to provide additional such documents or you may be denied boarding by the airline."

Also the need a ASQ/LSQ hotel reservation if they choose that instead of state quarantine. 

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"If the airline you choose to use requires that you have a medical certificate or a PCR COVID-19 test that confirms COVID-19 is free. You will need to provide additional such documents or you may be denied boarding by the airline."

So the requirement for a PCR Covid test is a condition dependant on the airline chosen?

Always controversial information, the MFA website you so kindly provided states;

• On the day of the trip, the applicant must present a travel certificate to Thailand. (COE) with a medical certificate confirming that fit to fly is not more than 72 hours prior to departure time, airline and immigration, otherwise you may be denied entry to Thailand.

The medical certificate from Thai Air states the Fit to fly must be no more than 48 hours before departure.

Is this again a conditional requirement which could change from airline to airline

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Also the need a ASQ/LSQ hotel reservation if they choose that instead of state quarantine. 

Yep, got that thanks Joe.

1 hour ago, stoneinfocus said:

Any age limit? My 4 year old will be flying with us. She can use her Thai passport. 

Your 4 year old will have to comply with all the same requirements as other returning Thais.

I've sent a PM.

If you are in a country with a Thai Consulate/Embassy..... Call them.... They are not open mostly but still answer the phones, at least in the USA.....  My Thai wife did it late last year and the Thai embassy in Los Angeles did a superb job of arranging the whole thing...... smooth as silk, as they say.... their services include Thais and spouse/family, in groups....

10 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

My Thai wife did it late last year and the Thai embassy in Los Angeles

Los Angeles, Chicago and New York are official Thai consulates. The embassy is in Washington DC. There is never more than one embassy in a country.

There is also are several honorary Thai consulates but they cannot be of any help at this time.

There is no requirement from Thailand for a Thai citizen to provide a negative PCR test result on arrival. However some airlines require a negative result for you to be able to fly. For example from the UK to Thailand Emirates, Qatar and Thai airways do not require a Covid test but Etihad and KLM do. With Thai airways from the UK it is considered a repatriation flight and at this time Thai citizens are elligible for free State Quarantine. If flying by one of the other airlines a Thai citizen will have to book paid for Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ)

On 1/18/2021 at 5:46 AM, ubonjoe said:

That appears correct.

The COE application website in Thai has some info as well. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=th

My wife has just done this. ubonjoe is correct as always! including the link he gives. She flew a on a Thai Airways direct repatriation flight from Paris. They required a negative PCR test and a doctor's fit to fly certificate obtained less than 72 hours before departure.

5 hours ago, jimn said:

There is no requirement from Thailand for a Thai citizen to provide a negative PCR test result on arrival. However some airlines require a negative result for you to be able to fly. For example from the UK to Thailand Emirates, Qatar and Thai airways do not require a Covid test but Etihad and KLM do. With Thai airways from the UK it is considered a repatriation flight and at this time Thai citizens are elligible for free State Quarantine. If flying by one of the other airlines a Thai citizen will have to book paid for Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ)

This is my problem with airlines non making Thais have a PCR test. I’m due to fly with Thai as it’s the only direct uk /Bkk flight as far as I’m aware at the moment. People on Sunday’s flight said it was almost full and mostly Thais , so I get on after having to have a test that’s clear etc and sit beside a bunch of untested Thai passengers. Absolutely zero point in me getting a test !!

3 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

My wife has just done this. ubonjoe is correct as always! including the link he gives. She flew a on a Thai Airways direct repatriation flight from Paris. They required a negative PCR test and a doctor's fit to fly certificate obtained less than 72 hours before departure.

They stayed she had to have the PCR ? Seems odd if they say needed from Paris but not uk unless they changed it .

33 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

This is my problem with airlines non making Thais have a PCR test. I’m due to fly with Thai as it’s the only direct uk /Bkk flight as far as I’m aware at the moment. People on Sunday’s flight said it was almost full and mostly Thais , so I get on after having to have a test that’s clear etc and sit beside a bunch of untested Thai passengers. Absolutely zero point in me getting a test !!

You do have a choice not to fly with an expensive bankrupt airline like Thai. If you are worried fly Etihad. I flew Qatar back to Thailand, but the few Thai's that there were on the flight were still untested.

26 minutes ago, jimn said:

You do have a choice not to fly with an expensive bankrupt airline like Thai. If you are worried fly Etihad. I flew Qatar back to Thailand, but the few Thai's that there were on the flight were still untested.

Yeah I would have used eva but they cancelled all next months or are asking insane prices for one way flights . Emirates wasn’t to bad but I just can’t be doing with the stopover for a few hours . Oddly enough Thai prices went down a lot , but I’m guessing it’s to attract customers as they knew eva were not flying.
He who dares wins I guess ! Or maybe not when I get tested in Bkk ????

On 1/18/2021 at 11:46 AM, ubonjoe said:

That appears correct.

Thai Embassy in India has required Thai Nationals to have PCR test for several months.

Hope it's ok to ask in this thread rather than start new.

Sort of related.....so my Thai partner has a Thai friend that went to Germany in Nov last year and now trying to return to Thailand.

Her question is regarding which airlines could she use. She is asking about Thai air. My guess is that there might be better alternatives. She is currently in Bunch. Think near Frankfurt.

Archived