Thailand hasn't bought Pfizer or Moderna jabs, says doctor after deaths in Norway

webfact

23 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

23 deaths is hardly a large statistic when 23 million doses have been given worldwide so far

Literally one in a million.

China's plan to spread coronavirus revealed: Authorities plan to vaccinate 50 million people ahead of New Year's holiday

But:

"For safety reasons, the vaccine is now being tested on healthy groups, and the current results cannot be extrapolated to children and the elderly, as well as people with chronic diseases."

Thailand Intended:

The 2 million shots are thought to be sufficient for 1 million high-priority people, including frontline officials, those living in the most high-risk areas of the country, and the elderly.

Let's wait and see how the test results will turn out if, the vaccine is actually applied to the elderly as announced in Thailand ...

Edited by sathornlover
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Olav Seglem said:

Im norwegian and follow norwegian tv news on tv daily.

Have not heard ANYTHING AT ALL about any norwegian dying after getting any kind of vaccine.....

I am Danish I just went through danish newspapers. Not one word about 23 dead in Norway.

Edited by Misab
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

Norway Raises Concern Over Vaccine Jabs for the Elderly

Norway expressed increasing concern about the safety of the Pfizer Inc. vaccine on elderly people with serious underlying health conditions after raising an estimate of the number who died after receiving inoculations to 29.

Until Friday, the vaccine produced by Pfizer and BioNTech SE was the only one available in Norway, and “all deaths are thus linked to this vaccine,” the Norwegian Medicines Agency said in a written response to Bloomberg on Saturday.

The findings have prompted Norway to suggest that Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/norway-vaccine-fatalities-among-people-75-and-older-rise-to-29

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn said that the Pfizer vaccination and Modrna were mRNA jabs.

Thailand has gone for AstraZeneca and Sinovac from China that uses a different technology. 

yes, i KNOW this is not the place (or forum) to ask,  but what the heck.   If its one thing we have here, its experts expats.    Anyone here that cares to share what "different technology"   in AZ and Sinovac are ??   (try to put in your own words  ????

AND,  with almost everyone here seeming to quote the pro vax "experts"  on the m RNA shots 

( NOT, IMO  really vaccines similar to polio and smallpox etc etc)    UHHH,  if you don't know how they are different maybe read up on that, including doctors and experts that think it is dangerous.

No need to tell me to find how AZ and Sinovac are different,   I will be searching myself.   But never hurts to get some arguments  discussions going here on TV

Norway adjusts advice after vaccine deaths but isn't alarmed

COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Norwegian officials have adjusted their advice on who gets the COVID-19 vaccine in light of a small number of deaths in older people, leaving it up to each doctor to consider who should be vaccinated.

The agency listed fever and nausea as side effects which “may have led to the deaths of some frail patients,” Sigurd Hortemo of the Norwegian Medicines Agency said in the body’s first report of the side effects.

“We are not alarmed by this. It is quite clear that these vaccines have very little risk, with a small exception for the frailest patients,” Steinar Madsen, medical director with the agency, told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

“Doctors must now carefully consider who should be vaccinated. Those who are very frail and at the very end of life can be vaccinated after an individual assessment,” he added.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/norway-adjusts-advice-vaccine-deaths-alarmed-75272822

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

The findings have prompted Norway to suggest that Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority.

Seems like just about anything can easily kill the "terminally ill"... A common cold, bit of flu... 

• Like 2

Just now, onthedarkside said:

“Doctors must now carefully consider who should be vaccinated. Those who are very frail and at the very end of life can be vaccinated after an individual assessment,” he added.

personally if i was at "the very end of life"  i think i should have the right to tell someone where to

stick that damn needle .        

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

yes, i KNOW this is not the place (or forum) to ask,  but what the heck.   If its one thing we have here, its experts expats.    Anyone here that cares to share what "different technology"   in AZ and Sinovac are ??   (try to put in your own words  ????

AND,  with almost everyone here seeming to quote the pro vax "experts"  on the m RNA shots 

( NOT, IMO  really vaccines similar to polio and smallpox etc etc)    UHHH,  if you don't know how they are different maybe read up on that, including doctors and experts that think it is dangerous.

No need to tell me to find how AZ and Sinovac are different,   I will be searching myself.   But never hurts to get some arguments  discussions going here on TV

Along the way, they also learned that, compared to traditional vaccines, mRNA vaccines can actually generate a stronger type of immunity: they stimulate the immune system to make antibodies and immune system killer cells — a double strike at the virus.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-are-mrna-vaccines-so-exciting-2020121021599

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

i assure you that there are more than a few doctors and experts that , in their professional 

opinion,  feel that mrna "vaccines"  have serious potential dangers and have voiced their opinions

which have been BLOCKED  by main street media GIANTS..

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

i assure you that there are more than a few doctors and experts that , in their professional 

opinion,  feel that mrna "vaccines"  have serious potential dangers and have voiced their opinions

which have been BLOCKED  by main street media GIANTS..

As per the blog entry, when mRNA technology is applied to cancer therapies and diseases such as cystic fibrosis, I am sure Thailand will be happy to forego the use of those remedies in favor of such Chinese cures as tiger claws and rhino horns.

38 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thailand apparently cant wrap their noggins around this. 

I believe they are both considerably more expensive and more likely the reason Thailand will exclude them 

Hasn't there been some very dodgy incidents with  Sinovac from China, trials in S America halted etc, and who is using the Chinese Vaccine so that data can be equally scrutinised or is it only being used in China

Is there anyone here who would not have problems with a vaccine from China - maybe they will sell it on Lazada as AstraZeneca lol

• Like 2