Finns holiday bookings to Thailand are at a record high

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

"ready to travel" yeah sure dude, my family in germany is locked up and not allowed to travel more than 15km around their house...

Ummmm....these are plans for later this year.  When things open up.  Not for now....jeez dude...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummmm....these are plans for later this year.  When things open up.  Not for now....jeez dude...

He didn't read the article, just the responses and jumped on board. 

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

so 2022 will be the year of the Finns then eh!

Khaosan road, Patong beach, can't move for the finns!. 

Finn mania is about to hit thailand!

I suppose there is nothing wrong with staying positive but I just don't see this being the case somehow. 

Once the dust has settled Thailand will be left with a few rowdy Indians and 1 or 2 chinese tour buses.

• Like 1

That's okay if Finish people come in droves, there's only about 50,000 of them in the whole of Finland and the ladies are gorgeous. 

P.S, they are bloody good fast drivers, so that will frighten the locals as they drift around the corners on two wheels at Warp Factor 2.  ????

• Haha 1

admittedly it is for Winter 2022 so they are crossing their fingers,  but yes I would be checking the refund policy for reservations.

from their site

During the winter season 2020–2021, Aurinkomatkat will not make trips to Bangkok, Phuket, etc

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, madmen said:

He didn't read the article, just the responses and jumped on board. 

Typical with some members here.  Just read the headline and bitch.

From the article for those who are lazy to read it:

According to a survey commissioned by Yleistuutus from Taloustutkimus, 27 percent of Finns plan to go on trips as soon as the pandemic has eased and travel restrictions have been significantly lifted.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That's okay if Finish people come in droves, there's only about 50,000 of them in the whole of Finland and the ladies are gorgeous. 

P.S, they are bloody good fast drivers, so that will frighten the locals as they drift around the corners on two wheels at Warp Factor 2.  ????

I found the Finns to be one of the most traveled people I've ever met.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

You own a crystal ball...doubt it.

No i just went to school.

May 2021 vaccination plans to begin, they bought only doses for half the population so far.

Ergo it will take more than a year from now to reach a treshold to allow traveling again, get over it. 

That treshold is at around 70% of population vaccinated with AstraZenecca or over 90% with the sinovac <deleted>. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Non-article.

Population of Finland : 5.6m

Leisure trips taken abroad between May and August 2019 : 3.4m

Go figure!!

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Non-article.

Population of Finland : 5.6m

Leisure trips taken abroad between May and August 2019 : 3.4m

Go figure!!

Don't ever, I mean ever, quote real facts. It just confuses people.

????????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No i just went to school.

May 2021 vaccination plans to begin, they bought only doses for half the population so far.

Ergo it will take more than a year from now to reach a treshold to allow traveling again, get over it. 

That treshold is at around 70% of population vaccinated with AstraZenecca or over 90% with the sinovac <deleted>. 

That's your prediction.  Others say differently.  Like health care professionals who know what's going on.  Faucci is predicting things will be getting closer to normal by the fall.  Ya never know, but that's what the experts are predicting.

You don't need to reach a threshold to be able to travel, get with it.  The jab doesn't mean you won't get sick, just that you won't end up in the hospital with a tube jammed down your throat.  And I'm not even considering the Russian or Chinese jab.  They are in a different league.

Johnson and Johnson will be coming out with one shortly also.  A few months.  One jab and can be stored like other flu shots.  A game changer, which could accelerate things quite a bit.

And don't forget, money talks.  India has already announced they'll be selling jabs for profit.  Private hospitals here are already looking to buy.  So...catch up!

Plenty will be traveling by the end of the summer.  Heck, I have many friends who are doing so now.  Risky?  Sure...

• Like 1