Finns holiday bookings to Thailand are at a record high

webfact

2 hours ago, keith101 said:
Finland 40,337 +236 618   31,000 8,719 28 7,274 111 2,639,515 475,979  

That's yesterdays numbers for Finland almost the same as Thailand and actually worse total numbers overall 

Yeah its stupid how it looks in coundrys whitch ACTUALY TEST PEOPLE!

I think if you asked anyone in practically any country right now; 'Do you want to go on vacation this year' the answer would be yes!

We all want thing to get back to normal and resume our lives.

That being said, we just don't know when normality will return. 

Between vaccine rollouts, covid mutations, lockdowns, travel bans, we are an awful long way from anything resembling normality.

I'd just be happy to be able to go to a restaurant full of people, sit down and enjoy dinner for God's sake.

So let's take some baby steps towards normality before we start anticipating the return of mass international tourism.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

.. trips can report that Finns have definitely caught the traveling bug ...

Probably not the best description if the Finn's expect to be welcomed here. The mere though of the words foreigner and bug in the same sentence will result in two weeks detention.

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Typical with some members here.  Just read the headline and bitch.

From the article for those who are lazy to read it:

but your quote mention Germany, care to show/share the article

Edited by Mavideol

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I think if you asked anyone in practically any country right now; 'Do you want to go on vacation this year' the answer would be yes!

We all want thing to get back to normal and resume our lives.

That being said, we just don't know when normality will return. 

Between vaccine rollouts, covid mutations, lockdowns, travel bans, we are an awful long way from anything resembling normality.

I'd just be happy to be able to go to a restaurant full of people, sit down and enjoy dinner for God's sake.

So let's take some baby steps towards normality before we start anticipating the return of mass international tourism.

Don't you mean "what" rather than "when"

37 minutes ago, FarangPumpui said:

That is funny. I am a finn and I dont know what "Yleistuutus" means but definitely it is not finnish language

I am definitely not from that region but, correct me if I am wrong as it seems to be meaning: 

General Research (or General statement for Yleistuutus)  in Economic Research (for Taloustutkimus).  

From a Google translate...but then again....I thought that the latter was a mix of Greek and Latin ????

1 hour ago, alyx said:

I am definitely not from that region but, correct me if I am wrong as it seems to be meaning: 

General Research (or General statement for Yleistuutus)  in Economic Research (for Taloustutkimus).  

From a Google translate...but then again....I thought that the latter was a mix of Greek and Latin ????

No, It is typing error or something like that

It should be "Yle Uutiset" ( Yle news )

Yle – the Finnish Broadcasting Company is Finland's national public service media company. 

https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/about-yle/this-is-yle

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

If it continues at that pace, there will be no Finns left by coming winter.

as of January 15 the only countries showing Green in the European Covid Map were Greece and Finland.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/situation-updates/weekly-maps-coordinated-restriction-free-movement

image.png.2881eb043712be687ab2787830d2f8ea.png

Edited by sirineou

If someone wants to see orginal source link it is

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11721860

Sorry only finnish but of cource there is always google translator.

Not perfect though. It seems this "Yleistuutus"-error was not typing error. It was "google translator" error.

Pretty easy job to be journalist nowdays. You just use google translator and you have "a new article" from overseas...????

17 hours ago, webfact said:

One in four Finns plans to travel abroad as soon as Covid-19 restrictions allow it and next winter’s bookings to Thailand have already reached a record high.

25% of Finns plan to go on holiday as soon as possible and a high percentage will come to Thailand.... yeah okay !!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tingtong said:

Great news!

Ah wait!....did it say....next winter??

How many of the hotels will be still solvent by then?

Well, thats a really good question.

Even in non tourist countries restaurant's and hotels are going to the wall. Hard to stay alive with little or no customers, yet you still have rent, utilities to pay.

It's hard to say in every country what it'll look like when we finally emerge from this nightmare

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Thailand will not open up this year jeez.

You may very well be right!  I apologize!!!!!:jap::jap:

Just read this.  Extremely depressing.  Australia seems to take the lead with this.  Sucks.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/overseas-travel-for-australians-is-unlikely-this-year-even-with-coronavirus-vaccinations

Overseas travel for Australians is unlikely this year, even with coronavirus vaccinations