Lazada how do they make money

26 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

So ive been selling on lazada about 4 months. Im receiving slightly more than my advertised price because of extra shipping money collected. 

Im wondering how they are making money? 

I never paid shipping money or more than the advertised price, very strange story.

Had a look and found this, which makes the story even stranger:

https://www.export2asia.com/blog/lazada-seller-guide/

Seller Fees Overview

Believe it or not, but Lazada sellers don’t need to pay any fixed or monthly charges to create an account and start listings products on their platform. Instead, Lazada is only charging a 2% payment fee and a 1% to 4% cross-border order value commission*.

• No setup fees
  • No monthly charges
  • Low sales commission (2%)
  • Low cross-border order value commission (1 – 4%)
Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

So ive been selling on lazada about 4 months. Im receiving slightly more than my advertised price because of extra shipping money collected. 

So you are one of those ripping customers off by saying Postage will be Bht 50 when really it is 15.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

The box, filling material, printer to print the label, vehicle to take it to the next post office or whatever, and the time he spends to do all this, are all free, yes?

Yes, that stuff has to be paid for. But does the selling price ie profit not cover some of that.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, pixelaoffy said:

I know it takes a month to get a refund  for wrong or faulty item.. all this transfer to wallet then bank account .. dumped lazada long ago

Yeah, so did I. I placed 2 orders with them and they sent 2 different items. Had to jump through hoops to get a refund.

• Like 2

I try to use the browser version because there I can select Thai text of the reviews and translate it. But it is a nightmare. It crashes the browser. Can't be switched to English. Complains about unusual traffic from my location. Use the app? The app is so bad that it is hard to believe. They can learn a lot from Amazon and Ebay. 

Can anyone use the browser version? I tried several browsers but I had no luck. 

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I try to use the browser version because there I can select Thai text of the reviews and translate it. But it is a nightmare. It crashes the browser. Can't be switched to English. Complains about unusual traffic from my location. Use the app? The app is so bad that it is hard to believe. They can learn a lot from Amazon and Ebay. 

i use AIS with either chrome or just started to use edge browser both with ad block, no problem, finding edge is good for TV as well

On 1/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, yankee99 said:

I am not referring to you here, but Lazada do have some cheating sellers and won't take responsibility for them, their cut from the type I mentioned will see them doing alright. If I want something, I always look elsewhere and only use Lazada as a last resort.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, Buffy Frobisher said:

I used to buy a ton of stuff from Lazada

Me too but then I started to get too many problems with imports from China.  And now that they are owned by Alibaba I shop elsewhere whenever possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

There are both well known branded products as well as no-brand products.

True, but the way they are presented often makes it difficult to distinguish them genuine branded products from the  many other offerings.  There is often very little detail provided about the exact nature and origin of the products.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, pixelaoffy said:

I know it takes a month to get a refund  for wrong or faulty item.. all this transfer to wallet then bank account .. dumped lazada long ago

My refunds to my wallet take 3 days maximum after I have sent back the item.

Just before new year I had a refund exactly 16 hours after I had dropped it off at the Kerry shop.

Once it is in the wallet it takes 48 hours to be in my bank account, but I have to initiate that transfer by myself of course, as I also can leave it there for future purchases.

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I always use the browser version, set to English version, to search for items and add them to my cart.

If the description is not in English, I use Imtranslator addon built-in with Firefox, to highlight text and translate.

I can also use Chrome with auto translate, but I don't like Chrome.

To checkout I use the app, again set to English language, because then I can apply free shipping and other coupons.

Never had an issue with browser crashes or an app that doesn't work properly.

If youy want to see a <deleted> browser and app version, try Shopee, then you know what is <deleted>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

Amazed that some people seem to have problems with Lazada as customers. I have always found them to be excellent. Not sure what you have been doing wrong. Perhaps ordering the cheapest no branded products? Perhaps ordering from a mobile phone that doesn't have the right connections? Anyway, here's what I do.

I just went through my Lazada account history and checked how many items I have ordered in the past 12 months. It is 220 items! I've ordered everything from coffee to clothing to large electrical goods. I think that gives me the right to give a reasoned, experienced review.

First about the quality and price of products on Lazada. It is entirely up to you what you choose to buy. There are both well known branded products as well as no-brand products. Many are from suppliers in Thailand. I usually buy only the branded ones and from Thailand where possible. Not only is there a very much wider choice on Lazada than there would be if I went to the bricks and mortar stores, but it many cases the price is much lower too. Very often shipping fees are waved by Lazada also, because I order over a given amount each time.

Ordering, payments and returns. I order from a PC, not from a mobile phone. I switch the language to English so that I can read the product descriptions and all important reviews in English. Some don't have a translation, so I use Google Translate for those. I used to use COD occasionally, but switched to 100% payments by credit card once I was sure that Lazada deliveries are reliable, which is actually so much easier. I have returned a number of items, usually clothing that didn't fit for example. Also a few products that I didn't like for various reasons. The return process is very simple and convenient. I select the pick up from home option. The delivery van arrives within 24 hours (once within one hour!) to collect the item to be returned. Most often the amount is credited back to my cc immediately after the van driver has keyed in that the item has been collected. Occasionally it isn't credited until the vendor has inspected the returned item. I have never had a problem. Always received the full amount back without question.

Delivery. Kerry, Ninja and sometimes other carriers deliver to my door. The driver always calls before delivery and if there's nobody at home, we ask them to drop off at a neighbour (shop). This is one big advantage to always paying by cc. Never had an issue. Timing varies and depends on the supplier and where located. Usually within two days.

Couldn't do without Lazada. Saves me a ton of time and money too.

This is very strange that everything seems to work for you perfectly but not for me and this with the best browsers. And no - I am not using a (perhaps cheap) phone. I use the most advanced Samsung tablet you can buy with Android 10 - Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus LTE. So no browser can be used and therefore I try to use the app.

But go to the Google Play Store and read the reviews of the Lazada app. Many people seem to be very frustrated with Lazada in the meantime and not only with the app.