Lazada how do they make money

On a side note to this is the weird import story...   many including me have weird import stories with Thai customs slapping on whatever they think.. and the thinking leaves a lot to be desired..  how do you explain a THB 500 duty on a 600THB camera lens... receipts, proof, they dont care..  better to smash it and give it ....   and USD 50 import duty oon a USD 55 light..

now, if you go on Lazada you find the same items... but they are obviously somehow avoidng the large customs fees...... so, the logic

conclusion is what we can all see..............

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

On a side note to this is the weird import story...   many including me have weird import stories with Thai customs slapping on whatever they think.. and the thinking leaves a lot to be desired..  how do you explain a THB 500 duty on a 600THB camera lens... receipts, proof, they dont care..  better to smash it and give it ....   and USD 50 import duty oon a USD 55 light..

now, if you go on Lazada you find the same items... but they are obviously somehow avoidng the large customs fees...... so, the logic

conclusion is what we can all see..............

Import customs  charges in Thailand  are another story ! Had a £20 pair of shoes sent to me from UK with receipt . Thai customs put 950 baht import tax on them . So with shipping and tax a pair of shoes my sister got in a sale for me ended up costing 3 times original price ! The whole country corrupt 

• 2 years later...

Congrats on your success selling on Lazada! As for how they're making money, it's likely through commission fees and advertising revenue. They take a cut of each sale made on their platform and offer advertising options for businesses looking to increase their visibility.