visa extension anxiety

hi 

I'm not sure it's me or anyone else feel the same , there is an anxiety it appears 3 months before my extension and it's getting worse day by day till i get my extension even though i got my extensions for past 8 years without any problem, it started after my kid born , feeling like if i force to sperated from my family even for a week or they change some law , new documents which they never inform us (everyone surprised by new requirement everytime by the time doing the extension)or even something happens that i can't put the money in bank in time or a lot of other reason , my wife has same anxiety also but like a month before my extension , thinking about every year we have to have this situation even makes that anxiety worse, many times i tried to convince my wife to move to other countries but she seems not happy with the idea 

this year i read about foreigners maybe has to get the covid test for extension which makes me really sad , i don't want to go to clinic to get any test and catch the covid there , if the results comes positive so what's happening to the extension probably most people catch the virus in hospital or clinic area which i really not willing to go

anyway my visa extension time is about 70 days from now please if they approved covid test for extension to be a law let me know or if there is any changes

thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You certainly aren't alone.

What gets me is how easily they can amend immigration laws to include things like covid tests, bedroom pictures etc but they can't add a law that would permit all those with families, regardless of whether or not they work here to remain here permanently.

5 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

What gets me is how easily they can amend immigration laws to include things like covid tests, bedroom pictures etc but they can't add a law that would permit all those with families, regardless of whether or not they work here to remain here permanently.

exaly

9 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

You can. It is called citizenship. 

46 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

There is only one immigration law and that is the Immigration Act issued in 1979 and it has never been amended.

Everything is done as regulations, orders and requirements for a extensions of stay. And then there are local requirements at some immigration offices.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is only one immigration law and that is the Immigration Act issued in 1979 and it has never been amended.

Everything is done as regulations, orders and requirements for a extensions of stay. And then there are local requirements at some immigration offices.

Maybe you can inform me of something, Joe.

The immigration act of 1979 as I read it stipulates that PR and/or citizenship can be obtained without having to have the 3 years tax returns under 'humanitarian reasons.'

Why, if this is the actual law, has the government stopped issuing these types of residency? 

43 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

i think i didn't ask for any advice to fix my anxiety , i just shared to see anyone else has the same feeling ,

what i asked was is there any new requirement 

Instead of berating posters for trying to help calm your anxiety, why don't you get off your butt and do your own research? As you seem quite capable of being an organised person?

And actually, this state of mind is psychological, and suffered by many people. For me it's the fear of cutting a winning trade on Forex too early. It's a chore, but you need to teach your sub-conscious not to react to something that might never occur, and if it did you're in control.

It is what it is.  

I haven't been here as long as most of you all, and I also have never had problems getting visas and having them extended. But I think my anxiety comes from the overall sensation that the Thai government really doesn't want foreigners here any more than necessary. That, and as a foreigner I don't have much recourse if a Thai official makes a decision against me—often even if it's not fair or unwarranted. 

So I accept the anxiety as a natural emotional response to the situation.

1 hour ago, sadeghsep said:

i think i didn't ask for any advice to fix my anxiety , i just shared to see anyone else has the same feeling ,

what i asked was is there any new requirement 

If you are stressed every year for months, you should see a doctor to help you with this as it isn't healthy.

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you are stressed every year for months, you should see a doctor to help you with this as it isn't healthy.

there are 3 possiblity why you reply like this 

1.you don't have family here so simply can move to another countries or your own in case of any problems or you have permanent residency which makes you worry free living here and you don't understand how it feels getting year by year visa for the rest of your life just because of staying near your wife and your kids 

2. you are one those that wants to show everything is perfect for you but illegally works here 

3. you want to be funny , which it's really not cool

btw i will be happy if you don't reply anymore

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

that's because they don't want you here and want to keep you on a short leash

I don't understand why farangs keep putting up with all those immigration non-sense, they wouldn't accept that level of <deleted> from their own countries

20 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

there are 3 possiblity why you reply like this 

1.you don't have family here so simply can move to another countries or your own in case of any problems or you have permanent residency which makes you worry free living here and you don't understand how it feels getting year by year visa for the rest of your life just because of staying near your wife and your kids 

2. you are one those that wants to show everything is perfect for you but illegally works here 

3. you want to be funny , which it's really not cool

btw i will be happy if you don't reply anymore

I do have a family here, I work here with the right visa and work permit.

I don't want to be funny, I give you some advice on healthcare because being stressed out for 3 months of he year is no good.

But you don't want to listen so sort it out your self and stick your head in the sand.

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

that's because they don't want you here and want to keep you on a short leash

I don't understand why farangs keep putting up with all those immigration non-sense, they wouldn't accept that level of <deleted> from their own countries

We are not immigrants in our own countries, so not subject to putting up with any immigration laws in home countries.

Home countries can be just as difficult for Thais to visit and stay. I have taken Thai girlfriend to Australia a couple of times and it not an easy process, lots of nonsense to put up with

2 hours ago, sadeghsep said:
3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Go see a doctor about your anxiety. 

i think i didn't ask for any advice to fix my anxiety

how to make friends and influence people.    or not.

understand there will always be some banter, this is normal.   OK, you are sensitive and worried.  We are not immigration experts, and things can change at the last second.  everything can change.  this is not our country.  

back home we have different anxieties, but not this one.

sorry nobody can really, really put your mind at ease.  

i worry maybe 3 to 4 days before.....well, actually, that was in the past.  now i don't worry at all about it.  i have other stuff to worry about.  

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

The immigration act of 1979 as I read it stipulates that PR and/or citizenship can be obtained without having to have the 3 years tax returns under 'humanitarian reasons.'

The immigration act does not have anything about actual requirements to apply. It only has basic info about it. Download  it and read Chapter 5. Immigration Act 2522 en - immigration.pdf

There is nothing about citizenship in it. That is in the Nationality act.

I also qualify but I think most people get a little nervous, except only for a couple of days before, not for months.. 

i did my own forms for 15 years but now have a legitimate convenience agent who is responsible to fill out all the forms for me and pave the way... they know what they are doing and the service for me is VIP - all I have to do is sign here, again, again... get the bank letter and they even take me to Imm office and I sit and say nothing and I am out in 5 minutes... 

I hope this helps. 

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I also qualify but I think most people get a little nervous, except only for a couple of days before, not for months.

I am always 'concerned' as I wait to hand in my paperwork. Completely unfounded. But I am more aware that I am only 1 flaw in judgement.... something as simple as getting into some neighbourly dispute, a sneaky drink in a bar or a game of darts somewhere,  away from a go-home flight!

sadeghsep, i shared your feelings. the anxiety built up as closer it got to the deadline. i cured it(i hope) by changing my attitude. my papers are a 100%, the money is there, the law is on my side. what's left is some room for the IO for "extras". i reserve now for immi another 5,000 to 15,000 baht. 5.000 to fix the extras (last time i needed a separate bank account for 4,000) and up to 15,000 for an agent if i can't fix the extra request. the chances being separated from my two lovely daughters and wife  are going against zero.

hope that minimises the stress. good luck.

Hi sadeghsep,

Most of us suffer from "extension anxiety" to some extent (sic) or another, including me.  After many, many rounds of that stress, here's my personal solution:

1. positive attitude:  Prepare as best as I can, go many days early, plan to spend the whole day at Immigration, expect to run to the photocopy machine once or twice, and even plan to come back another day with whatever else they've decided to require

2. smile and shut up:  Every time they ask me for another photocopy or money or whatever, I smile sweetly, bow my head a tad, and carry out the request/order without any sign of emotion  (On some occassions, I do ask a question or two, to get a better explanation of what they are asking for.  Polite, short, emotionless questions.  No pout.  No anger.  No disappointment.  This is a business transaction, nothing more.)

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about this situation, anyway, so it's best to go with the right attitude, a positive one.

Archived