visa extension anxiety

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Ol' Dickie-Boy Barrow was clearly the original source here, even if it was not he who actually told @Bryacar in person. His irresponsible and hysterical scaremongering has certainly got quite a few pairs of knickers in a twist on here!

The problem is there's a lot of Ol' Dickie-Boy Barrows sat on bar stools spreading the rumours.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Not whilst divorce is so easy and kids can be readily passed around the family like some bizarre 'pass the parcel' game.

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What do you expect them to do. Most absent Fathers take no moral or financial responsibility for their ex family.

The woman has to work to provide for the kids.

No CSA in Thailand to force the absent Fathers paying maintenance.

I am not making a judgement call about Thai society. It is what it is.

My comment is in answer to a suggestion that foreigners with families here should have permanent residency as apposed to annual renewals.

I'm sure that immigration are alert to the fact it might encourage the unscrupulous to quietly 'dump the family' and carry on living here.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

My comment is in answer to a suggestion that foreigners with families here should have permanent residency as apposed to annual renewals.

I'm sure that immigration are alert to the fact it might encourage the unscrupulous to quietly 'dump the family' and carry on living here.

Why would having permanent residency as opposed to an extension, make any difference to any obligations towards a family. If a husband/father is that way inclined to just abandon his family in Thailand and go his own way I don't see what his Immigration status has to do with it.

Your either a decent upstanding person that takes responsibilities for a family, or a piece of scum that runs away from his responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

Is  it just me that notice how we still beleive  the tellyman? no link?  here then, people like to see themelves if thats going to help... https://thethaiger.com/news/national/covid-19-tests-are-not-required-for-visa-extensions-phuket-immigration

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Lets be totally honest and frank here Peter.

There are probably less than 5% of foreigners who realise they are are in a different Country  than their own, under Immigration control. That 5% take time out to keep up with current affairs and changes and are usually well informed, well organised and have no issues when extending at Immigration.

Take TVF membership as an example compared to the total number of foreigners in Thailand.

The other 95% bury their head in the sand and their knowledge comes from bar stool conversation, which is often exaggerated or completely wrong based on 'rumours', with little facts.

My IO is very open, 2 desks doing everything for everyone.

I'm amazed at especially the married group, whom I sit behind whilst waiting my turn, with the wife sat up front at the desk, whilst the husband sits 3 rows behind.

Problem - need photo's outside the house, need to update bank book and of they go on the merry go round.

Why they consider the wife should know the procedure and what documents are required, I don't know, but they're never going to learn anything sitting 3 rows behind.

These same foreigners can then be heard at the local bars, complaining how they were given the run around, jumping through hoops and Immigration are a pile of 'tossers' who changed the rules and don't know what there doing. Really!

And yes we get them on TVF, complaining because they have to make a few photocopies and visit the bank, describing it as 'jumping through hoops', as if it's the end of life, for a 1 day a year effort.

i have been here in Thailand for 16 years my problems with IM O number 3 times in that time.

having said that two were not about skipping to the Photocopier.

two weeks ago i tried to contact my airline to check on needs to travel with Coid-19 red zone

restrictions, my no frills flight has cut back and after two hours of talking to a glorified typewriter , i decided to go to the local I M OFFICE where i was told my first lie of the day

''oh no you cannot fly'' ''you will not be going to Chon Buri'' 

i was then told (after explaining my visa expired in 8 days) do not worry we can look into that.

i went and brought all my paperwork, everything was correct but he said my money should not be in two banks? that was his second lie.. i had all the banks /accommodation/ect..ect

and even two pics,,after sitting around for three hours my wife came over and said your paperwork is not correct but he said he can fix it...and i was not happy but he said what papers he needed were up to him. he has the final say. and no agent was involved. 

i found out later that he was pulling the same stunt with people who had their money in one 

bank (we both used the combination method) 

This I O is using Covid-19 and any travel restrictions to con people, and it is up to him whether he follows the rules or not, the other time an argument between an I O and his agent L-boy friend cost twenty farangs 20 k each...TIT. maybe one day it might be you who is unlucky.

do not ask for a link as most of what happens here gets brushed under the carpet.

oh and the wife is treated like a queen as she is the key, they know most of them are

terrified of any one in a uniform.   

38 minutes ago, zoza said:

i have been here in Thailand for 16 years my problems with IM O number 3 times in that time.

having said that two were not about skipping to the Photocopier.

two weeks ago i tried to contact my airline to check on needs to travel with Coid-19 red zone

restrictions, my no frills flight has cut back and after two hours of talking to a glorified typewriter , i decided to go to the local I M OFFICE where i was told my first lie of the day

''oh no you cannot fly'' ''you will not be going to Chon Buri'' 

i was then told (after explaining my visa expired in 8 days) do not worry we can look into that.

i went and brought all my paperwork, everything was correct but he said my money should not be in two banks? that was his second lie.. i had all the banks /accommodation/ect..ect

and even two pics,,after sitting around for three hours my wife came over and said your paperwork is not correct but he said he can fix it...and i was not happy but he said what papers he needed were up to him. he has the final say. and no agent was involved. 

i found out later that he was pulling the same stunt with people who had their money in one 

bank (we both used the combination method) 

This I O is using Covid-19 and any travel restrictions to con people, and it is up to him whether he follows the rules or not, the other time an argument between an I O and his agent L-boy friend cost twenty farangs 20 k each...TIT. maybe one day it might be you who is unlucky.

do not ask for a link as most of what happens here gets brushed under the carpet.

oh and the wife is treated like a queen as she is the key, they know most of them are

terrified of any one in a uniform.   

Yes, it happens a lot

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I like to get things sorted ASAP, it's part of being an organised person. I got my driving licence 3 months early, bike tax a few weeks early, PA insurance 2 months early, retirement extension early. Doesn't get to anxiety status but I like to sort things early

I don´t know your type of driving licence, but in my case, going in early i.e. before it runs out, would have meant getting 5 years. But as i always do it a little after expiry, i get nearly 6 years validity, because its issued up to your birthday (don´t know if that´s nowadays still the case)

You have 1 year time to renew driving licence after expiry.

So, being early is not always recommended . . .

1 minute ago, starfish said:

I don´t know your type of driving licence, but in my case, going in early i.e. before it runs out, would have meant getting less than 5 years. As i always do it a little after expiry, i get nearly 6 years validity, because its issued up to your birthday (don´t know if that´s nowadays still the case)

Agree, did my 5 year renewal last nov got 6 years.... 
I guess there could be any issue with insurance payouts as you know how they find any reason not to pay up...

on side note, the movie infers there is a test, theres not....  but of course nobody is going to tell you that...

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

could you be on the edge of trouble in your home country too through a temporary loss of judgment? 

But deportation at short notice is not something to fear at home is it? Having to potentially just leave property and items one owns...

You are actually creating your own problem. You say you don’t want advice but the problem isn’t immigration, it is you and your anxiety. Anxiety puts pressure on your heart and your psyche.....not good. Even if it all went wrong you could still get a fixer to do it for you. You and your wife are feeding each other’s anxiety, and the solution to that is both change your attitudes and perspective. You yourself said you haven’t had a problem in eight years, ergo the problem is you. Have you never heard the expression “You create what you focus on” if you keep focusing on the negative you will create the negative result.....and then of course you will say, “I told you so.” A self fulfilling prophesy. 
I am taking the time to give you a different perspective to your self creating issue. Please don’t just blow it off and ignore it. If you do that you are not growing and expanding. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You have the information now, and an opportunity to change in a positive way.

Be smart and change......or you can keep on in the same old way bemoaning your self created problems. I could say Good Luck, but that will change nothing.

2 hours ago, daviddunham said:

You need to read it again. They changed the story.

"IMMIGRATION BACKTRACKS ON PLAN TO REQUIRE COVID-19 TEST FOR VISA EXTENSIONS"

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to read it again. They changed the story.

"IMMIGRATION BACKTRACKS ON PLAN TO REQUIRE COVID-19 TEST FOR VISA EXTENSIONS"

Im getting confused with all the backtracking. 

As of today, is a covid test required or not required for a new extension of stay? 

Because if its not required, then there's a thread on here started an hour ago that needs correcting or... Something. 

41 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Im getting confused with all the backtracking. 

As of today, is a covid test required or not required for a new extension of stay? 

Because if its not required, then there's a thread on here started an hour ago that needs correcting or... Something. 

Probably not except MAYBE for PR applications and work permit holders...already last year some of them were required to get a covid test done. Case in point was the Indian dude down in krabi that tested positive and caused nationwide hysteria back in October or something. 

On 1/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Go see a doctor about your anxiety. 

Then he’d experience anxiety waiting to see the doctor and start to worry about immigrations doing drug screening for whatever the doctor gave him to get him out of his office.

444F0D73-E8EC-45E9-A07E-FC334A6760F1.jpeg.df1d02514f5391a9c5cb42de60642033.jpeg

If one calls the 1175 hotline number you MAY get a correct answer to any question you put forward to them. I had to call 3 different occasions and 2 of their answers were wrong. Best idea is to call your local office if possible, for any queries.

2 minutes ago, scotbeve said:

If one calls the 1175 hotline number you MAY get a correct answer to any question you put forward to them. I had to call 3 different occasions and 2 of their answers were wrong. Best idea is to call your local office if possible, for any queries.

I'm surprised that you got one correct answer regarding immigration from the AIS hotline.

2 hours ago, starfish said:

I don´t know your type of driving licence, but in my case, going in early i.e. before it runs out, would have meant getting 5 years. But as i always do it a little after expiry, i get nearly 6 years validity, because its issued up to your birthday (don´t know if that´s nowadays still the case)

I went from 2-5 so going early before expiry but after birthday enabled me to get nearly 6 years, but I take your point 5-5 would be different 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But deportation at short notice is not something to fear at home is it? Having to potentially just leave property and items one owns...

if you go to jail at home do you get to bring your property and items w/you?

cutting off someone's nose [ to spite their face] spells trouble anywhere... 

If you managed to stay out of trouble this long, I am sure you will be fine. 

Archived