Dog walking areas

kurtcap

Try 'Ban Amphur Beach'.  It's where we take our two, a couple of times a week.  Its big, very few Soi dogs and clean (ish).  Steer clear of any long grass areas right now ( dry season) as they are full of nasty burrs that get stuck in the fur and on the feet of the dogs and are hard  and painful ( for you and the dogs) to remove.  Short grass is fine. You need the normal protection of a stout stick and a few poo bags to take away your dogs waste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too much agro.. to walk ours  outside of the village where we live, nearly all the homes here have dogs, but they're very respectful and kept inside their own property or on leashes, so we stick to   walks 3  or 4 times around the   gated village   daily picking up as we go..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you can take a vehicle, there are wonderful areas near Lake Maprachan in the water storage reserve. They range from the well lit bike and walking asphalt roadways (no vehicles but lots of bike riders day and night), parklands, children's play areas, good vehicle parking areas, water side areas (people fishing), to both open scrub and timbered forestry.

I personally prefer the area where the entry point is a popular open gate roadway immediately after the overpass on 3240 as you head East and where 3240 goes over the new Motorway going to Rayong.  

We go in a timbered area with trail bike tracks and in the open scrub areas and also down towards the water side. Our dog loves it as she is off-leash and her nose is busy. I love it as that area has few people and it is clear of bikes (our dog has no road sense when her nose is to the ground and working overtime!) and the vegetation is very similar to that in parts of Australia. There are a number of resident dogs near the roadway itself but none of them have been a problem for us. 

We are very fortunate to have such a large recreational space and resource only 5km+/- from our place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RemyDog said:

If you can take a vehicle, there are wonderful areas near Lake Maprachan in the water storage reserve. They range from the well lit bike and walking asphalt roadways (no vehicles but lots of bike riders day and night), parklands, children's play areas, good vehicle parking areas, water side areas (people fishing), to both open scrub and timbered forestry.

I personally prefer the area where the entry point is a popular open gate roadway immediately after the overpass on 3240 as you head East and where 3240 goes over the new Motorway going to Rayong.  

We go in a timbered area with trail bike tracks and in the open scrub areas and also down towards the water side. Our dog loves it as she is off-leash and her nose is busy. I love it as that area has few people and it is clear of bikes (our dog has no road sense when her nose is to the ground and working overtime!) and the vegetation is very similar to that in parts of Australia. There are a number of resident dogs near the roadway itself but none of them have been a problem for us. 

We are very fortunate to have such a large recreational space and resource only 5km+/- from our place.

do you have any trouble there from prickly burrs getting in the fur of the dogs when you go anywhere near grassy areas ? That a big issue around us.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:25 PM, Pilotman said:

Try 'Ban Amphur Beach'.  It's where we take our two, a couple of times a week.  Its big, very few Soi dogs and clean (ish).  Steer clear of any long grass areas right now ( dry season) as they are full of nasty burrs that get stuck in the fur and on the feet of the dogs and are hard  and painful ( for you and the dogs) to remove.  Short grass is fine. You need the normal protection of a stout stick and a few poo bags to take away your dogs waste. 

Are you sure about that, what time do you go there? We go once a week with our dog and sit on the beach under the palms where its fine. Wander down too far though and there are families of dogs in the bushes. 3 years ago a dog ran out of the bushes and attacked my dog for no reason. Last week I see about 6 puppies exit the bushes do their business in the sand and go back in, they will soon become an issue. Also loads if dogs around the umberella and seating area that try to get to my dog as we come back to the car.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jimn said:

Are you sure about that, what time do you go there? We go once a week with our dog and sit on the beach under the palms where its fine. Wander down too far though and there are families of dogs in the bushes. 3 years ago a dog ran out of the bushes and attacked my dog for no reason. Last week I see about 6 puppies exit the bushes do their business in the sand and go back in, they will soon become an issue. Also loads if dogs around the umberella and seating area that try to get to my dog as we come back to the car.

just got back from there, very nice walk with the dogs, no issues with the very few soi dogs around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, Pilotman said:

do you have any trouble there from prickly burrs getting in the fur of the dogs when you go anywhere near grassy areas ? That a big issue around us.

No pricklies or burrs in the bushland areas that we use - and that is with a long haired Siberian Husky dog. She spends most of the time with her nose to the ground like a tracker dog with her nose working overtime! . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RemyDog said:

No pricklies or burrs in the bushland areas that we use - and that is with a long haired Siberian Husky dog. She spends most of the time with her nose to the ground like a tracker dog with her nose working overtime! . 

wow, wish we could find such an area.  Even on the side of our soi they get burrs.  They disappear (the burrs, not the dogs) in the wet season thank goodness, then they just get filthy dirty being so low to the ground.