Hair shredding

remobb

My son seems to leave loads of hairs all over the house. He is half Thai and half farang, not that that should make any difference. I know they are his hairs because of colour and length. My hair is too short and much lighter (grey) It is like having a hairy animal in the house. There is only myself and him in the house so it can't be anyone else. Believe me, I have to sweep every day or I would end up walking on a carpet oh hair (yes, it's that bad) Do you have or suffered this problem before and what can I do about it except stop looking at the floor?

Just now, remobb said:

He is healthy. I am not talking about going bald it's just excessive amounts on the floor. He has lots of hair. 

Got ya.....I know I have to regularly clean our vacuum brushes of long black hair......wife says it is not hers?

• Haha 1

We have gotten this question before regarding Thai wives.

It is not that Thais shed their hair more than Westerners but that it is far, far more noticable when they do. Not only is the hair color often darker but it is a much, much  coarser texture. Western hair is much wispier and easy to not even see whereas you won't miss spotting a Thai hair.

If your son's head of hair is normal there is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

We have gotten this question before regarding Thai wives.

It is not that Thais shed their hair more than Westerners but that it is far, far more noticable when they do. Not only is the hair color often darker but it is a much, much  coarser texture. Western hair is much wispier and easy to not even see whereas you won't miss spotting a Thai hair.

If your son's head of hair is normal there is nothing to worry about.

It's not that I'm worried it's just a pain having to sweep them up so often.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Got ya.....I know I have to regularly clean our vacuum brushes of long black hair......wife says it is not hers?

I have my sister in law and niece here and together with my wife they shed enough hair to stuff a sofa. Mine is white so invisible to the naked eye most probably.

19 hours ago, remobb said:

He is healthy. I am not talking about going bald it's just excessive amounts on the floor. He has lots of hair. 

MY gf of 23 years old is the same.... looks like she has haircuts everyday at home... Hair everywhere in clumps... But really it's only normal.... once on the floor they collect together into bunches... makes it look like even more. 

I wouldn't worry about it if i were you. 

20 hours ago, remobb said:

My son seems to leave loads of hairs all over the house. He is half Thai and half farang, not that that should make any difference. I know they are his hairs because of colour and length. My hair is too short and much lighter (grey) It is like having a hairy animal in the house. There is only myself and him in the house so it can't be anyone else. Believe me, I have to sweep every day or I would end up walking on a carpet oh hair (yes, it's that bad) Do you have or suffered this problem before and what can I do about it except stop looking at the floor?

If he's shedding that quickly don't worry, give it a month or two and he'll be hairless.

I had this problem when I was 14 and I visited the doctors , I was given a cream to wash my hair with for a few times ,after a couple of months it stopped . I have more hair than my friends of the same age and my hair line is not receding at all , not worry about it , it’s a passing phase .

some of the replies are not very helpful but some people’s lives revolve around other people’s misfortunes , sad people

• Haha 1

You might want to check your drain trap in the shower in case it is full of hair.

I don't know how old your son is? I started losing my hair (going bald) at age 21. I started taking Finasteride which stopped the hair loss straight away.

If your son is under 21 it will just be a natural/cyclic shedding episode.