Forgot to pay a traffic ticket

hasitha77

I was fined for speeding on highway 1 (3 tickets on the same day same highway ????) few months ago but the traffic ticket came by the post after 1 1/2 months later. So I just had about 1-2 weeks to pay the fine before it was expired. Somehow I forgot to pay the fine and its almost 3 weeks passed now. 
I usually pay the fines via online banking, since the traffic ticket is expired, it cannot be done. I would like to know, does anyone gone through this? Do I have to pay an extra fine for the delayed period? or go to any police station? 
Also I happened read a post about paying remaining fines at your vehicle tax renewal. Is it really possible?

• Haha 1

In Ubon, you must deal with the cops to pay fines, the Road tax office has info about outstanding fines on their system and will point it out to go to the police station, then come back with the paid fine chit.

But, other offices may differ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I guess your tickets have the Krungthai logo, sent by Krungthai?

Can't tell what to do with overdue tickets.

Try your luck at Krungthai.

Yah I haven't tried with the bank yet. Hope they accept overdue ticket payments. 

22 minutes ago, hasitha77 said:

Yah I haven't tried with the bank yet. Hope they accept overdue ticket payments. 

Yep, these tickets can't be paid at the cops. I just recently did a red light and got my ticket with photo and wanted to pay the 500 baht at the local police station.

The cop sent me to Krung Thai. They know how to solve the problem, better do it now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

In Ubon, you must deal with the cops to pay fines, the Road tax office has info about outstanding fines on their system and will point it out to go to the police station, then come back with the paid fine chit.

But, other offices may differ. 

Some things have changed, sir. Such tickets like speeding, red light, etc have to be paid at Krung Thai bank now. 

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why are so many people jumping red lights?  Speeding I can kind of understand in certain circumstances, but jumping reds is plain stupid. Am I missing something here?  

An error on my part...mistakes do happen and no one is perfect except perhaps?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

I'm still confused, how do you jump a red light 'in error'?   

Simply cannot stop in time. Too late to step on the break.  Misjudgment of the speed.  
Luckily I haven't had a red light ticket yet ????

24 minutes ago, hasitha77 said:

Simply cannot stop in time. Too late to step on the break.  Misjudgment of the speed.  
Luckily I haven't had a red light ticket yet ????

I had one; on my motorbike on the hill at Pratumnak traffic lights. I followed a couple of Thais in the 'overspill' lane and the policeman just over the brow of the hill ignored the Thais and pulled me up.  An unnecessary trip to soi 9 police station and 1,000 Baht - entirely my fault.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Incorrect. There does not seem to be a centralized system in place. Yet. My wife and I have received over 30 speeding tickets. We paid the first one. And they kept coming. We average 110-120kph on a good highway. I think that is a safe speed, and some of the speeds that they promised to change, at 90kph are dumb. We stopped paying the tickets long ago. Since then, we have renewed both our drivers licenses, and the car registration. No issues at all. So, my advice is do not pay them, and do not support a silly and draconian system. 

I was waiting to hear this from someone. 
For my case, I also paid the first ticket from the same trip which came earlier. Its good then I forgot to pay the rest of tickets came later. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, petermik said:

I paid a red light ticket at the Post Office last year...don`t know if things have changed since then :whistling:

9 hours ago, petermik said:

An error on my part...mistakes do happen and no one is perfect except perhaps?

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I'm still confused, how do you jump a red light 'in error'?   

7 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

If you go through on amber, but light turns red before you exit the junction, you get a ticket.   Timing between amber & red varies with different traffic lights.

Thanks Yorkshire Tea...but I reckon Mr Pilot will still not be satisfied.... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

That said, I shall now ignore my latest speeding fine to see if you are right ????

I heard that they have made some updates on their system and links with department land transportation last year. Be careful.

1 hour ago, samtab said:

I haven't since 20 years and can still renew tax yearly...

Have you had any unpaid traffic ticket issued since oct 2019 and still able to renew vehicle tax? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why are so many people jumping red lights?  Speeding I can kind of understand in certain circumstances, but jumping reds is plain stupid. Am I missing something here?  

No, not missing a thing, Westerners taking on Thai culture - they get away with it, why not others?

Not my way, I prefer to take the lesser risk of stopping at red lights. I never get traffic tickets - I wonder why?

Edited by ChrisKC
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

No, not missing a thing, Westerners taking on Thai culture - they get away with it, why not others?

Not my way, I prefer to take the lesser risk of stopping at red lights. I never get traffic tickets - I wonder why?

In Thailand, I was under the impression based on Thai drivers that red lights were only suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

In Thailand, I was under the impression based on Thai drivers that red lights were only suggestions.

4 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

You are right, which is why I think it is still a risk to stop at a red light as the driver behind me thinks I will not and the plan is to follow me over and might ram my backside. Never happened actually!

On 1/18/2021 at 4:58 PM, hasitha77 said:

I was fined for speeding on highway 1 (3 tickets on the same day same highway ????) few months ago but the traffic ticket came by the post after 1 1/2 months later. So I just had about 1-2 weeks to pay the fine before it was expired. Somehow I forgot to pay the fine and its almost 3 weeks passed now. 
I usually pay the fines via online banking, since the traffic ticket is expired, it cannot be done. I would like to know, does anyone gone through this? Do I have to pay an extra fine for the delayed period? or go to any police station? 
Also I happened read a post about paying remaining fines at your vehicle tax renewal. Is it really possible?

damn boy, you better learn to slow down a little

• Like 1