Is the ability to provide techicnal support a function of normal Thai culture? Is it that difficult?

connda

On 1/18/2021 at 6:51 PM, GrandPapillon said:

they are not entirely wrong, hence why technical support for hardware has completely died in the western world, nobody wants to serve low paid tech work with no upside

On 1/23/2021 at 1:49 PM, BigStar said:

Some like yourself eventually look in the mirror to realize they're unable to unlearn the old lessons and must remain forever clueless.

I must be fuggin bored tonight to get sucked into a dimwit Thailand is $#!t topic but FWIW the above comments are sticking out for me and I'll explain why. . .

20 years ago I lived in Hong Kong. One of the things that really opened my eyes was the availability of cellphone repairs shops on every street corner in places like Wan Chai, well pretty much everywhere in Hong Kong actually. Break your phone in the UK it goes in the bin, throw away culture, not economically viable repair, whatever. . . in Hong Kong, any part for ANY phone was available, on the spot, repaired in a couple of hours or pick it up the next day, right there on the street. I never forgot that. . . So yes, it's not a cultural thing, it's about the economics of the repair and who makes some money for it. Works in Thailand, Hong Kong, the UK, anywhere. . .

And about culture, next time you go for a drive, count how many farangs are riding around on mopeds without helmets. Then go to the UK, or any European country where there is a Thai diaspora, and watch them follow the rules of the road like a native. P!$$ poor governance is not a cultural problem. Fix policing, Thailand will still have it's culture. Everyone get it?

About the OP, nobody in the shop gives a $#!T about your stupid notebook fan of the tooting it occasionally toots. No matter how much you think they should give a damn, no matter how much you want them to care, they don't, unless they can make some money out of the problem. You think this is about Thai culture? Seriously man, you're waaay off.

Edited by NilSS