What's your favorite Thai food?

WineOh

one thing I do love about this country is the food..

It's truly great.

Right now for me my favorite thai meal would be deep fried Larb Moo for starter & chicken masaman curry for the main.

Washed down with an ice cold glass of beer and a glass of house red wine ???? 

Possibly some 'Nam Tok' for desert with my beer...

What is your favorite Thai food? 

larbmootod.jpg

Massaman-Curry-SQUARE.jpg

beb355.jpg

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Green curry,Yellow curry, Chicken +cashew, Moo Palo,

Chilli fish,  Pad Thai ,anything that does not stink,some of the

things my wife eats,really smell bad. but she never

gets food poison.????

regards Worgeordie

that dead fish stuff, bra ra or however you say it is the worst.

I can't eat that.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I tend to go through fads of different dishes. The current favorite is also Massaman Chicken ! 

If we are outside for lunch, usually Pad grapow Moo with Kai dow or Phad Thai.

I like Thai curry so the others are Paneng Gai and Geng phet Gai, excuse pronunciation, but I think you get what I mean.????

Also enjoy Moo Bing and sticky rice, walking around the market

SmartSelect_20210118-173422_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20210118-173455_Facebook.jpg

Did you make those yourself, Charlie? ???? 

I am not a big fish eater and prefer chicken or Pork. 

One dish I had recently that was really good was deep fried belly pork in nam pla, the unusuall addition of the fish sauce gives it a real salty kick and its great !

• Like 1

1. Massaman curry, Thailand. One more reason to visit Thailand.
  2. Neapolitan pizza, Italy. Neapolitan pizza: always delicious no matter the size. ...
  3. Chocolate, Mexico. ...
  4. Sushi, Japan. ...
  5. Peking duck, China. ...

CNN recently did a top 50 foods in the world.

#1 was what you see.  Nothing like a great steak, but that curry is delicious one of my favorites for sure..

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

It's a tossup between mussuman curry and pad siew gai. Call me biased, but my GF does both well. If she ever wanted to poison me, it would be a doddle. Just put it in either dish.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

that dead fish stuff, bra ra or however you say it is the worst.

I can't eat that.

you have to be able to get near the stuff to eat it. . Better pronounced Pla Ra, when the gf's mother starts using it i have to leave the house before i'm sick.

#1, Khao Soi Gai: Love the contrasting texture of soft and crispy noodles, mild curry broth and a half chicken leg.

#2 Khao Muk Gai:  Hard to find.  Chicken slow cooked in with yellow rice: served with fried shallots and a delicious mint sauce.

#3 Gai Yang: but only when freshly prepared.  Most vendors in Bangkok sell pre-cooked gai yang and it's tough, dry and not properly marinated.

#4 Kapow Moo Gorb: Probably not great for my arteries but I love it.

55 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Not very Thai mate ???? 

Potatoes are grown in  Thailand, ergo. I take the chicken out of my masaman and add extra pots  as  the chicken is usually  stringy and has the greasy skin on. Also my wife is from the south and I just can't share her enthusiasm for her favoured food.  Generally though I'm into the fish dishes here.

• Like 1

I don't have one thing that I really crave here anymore. Too often I choose PadGraPaoMoo (stiru-fried pork with basil and chilies) like most people. It has to be the most popular dish here other than Somtam. Besides that lately, I kind of like Yam Goonchian. That's the Chinese red sausage stuff in a Thai salad. I guess I am bored with Thai food.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

One dish I had recently that was really good was deep fried belly pork in nam pla, the unusuall addition of the fish sauce gives it a real salty kick and its great !

You are not a big fish eater ,my wife cooks Bla-Nin ,Nie  ,in fish sauce ,she got that recipe from the tv .

As for me a good Gang Som ,I am afraid it has to have some Bala .just to plain without ,best with fried  Bla- Chon.and Paka-Chet,water mimoas

A Yam Bla Dook Foo,takes some beating ,but the mangos have to be sour ,some I have had just to sweet .

Again a Gang Mastaman ,but I have to drive 40 km to get the Chile paste  ,not oftern we have it .

Or Cauliflower and Potato cooked  in Pong Ga-ree basically turmeric with a Thai  <deleted>- Gang  more an Indain curry than Thai .

Crispy  fried pork ,with <deleted> -Gang  and G-Chie, wild ginger .and Pric- Thia ,fresh pepper corns.

Can not go without a Bla Sum Rot ,with Bla Tup Tim   and a  Tom Kar Gie.

4 hours ago, kickstart said:

You are not a big fish eater ,my wife cooks Bla-Nin ,Nie  ,in fish sauce ,she got that recipe from the tv .

As for me a good Gang Som ,I am afraid it has to have some Bala .just to plain without ,best with fried  Bla- Chon.and Paka-Chet,water mimoas

A Yam Bla Dook Foo,takes some beating ,but the mangos have to be sour ,some I have had just to sweet .

Again a Gang Mastaman ,but I have to drive 40 km to get the Chile paste  ,not oftern we have it .

Or Cauliflower and Potato cooked  in Pong Ga-ree basically turmeric with a Thai  <deleted>- Gang  more an Indain curry than Thai .

Crispy  fried pork ,with <deleted> -Gang  and G-Chie, wild ginger .and Pric- Thia ,fresh pepper corns.

Can not go without a Bla Sum Rot ,with Bla Tup Tim   and a  Tom Kar Gie.

I have to agree with you about pla chon.  I love it deep fried and served with yum sauce made with green mango, shallots, lime juice and whatnot.  Yum pla dook with the mango sauce is great.  The first time I ate it, I couldn't believe it was deep fried fish.

You didn't mention pla shoo shee.  It's good when made with any of several fresh water fish.  I find it just a bit too rich so I don't eat much each time.

I was surprised to see that you like pug kha shed.   The vegetable I'm referring to seems to be mostly a long stem with a few small leaves and kind of fibrous texture.  My wife loves it.... me... not so much but it seems most suitable in gang som.

I love most of the greens stir fried in Thai style.  Pug kana, pug bung, pug waan, pug yod mallah... + a few I don't remember the names.

Bon appétit!

14 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I eat and like nearly all thai, Issan and Southern food. 

The one thing I can not resist even if I am full is Kor Moo Yang, (grilled pork neck) fresh off the grill with sticky rice and the Nam Jim Jeaow sauce. 
Row Norm Yang (pigs tits)  is just as good and similar. 

Hoy tord is good for a greasy snack when on the booze. 

I like my somtam Thai with corn and salted egg.