Thor: Love And Thunder Reportedly Adds Matt Damon

snoop1130

Thor: Love And Thunder Reportedly Adds Matt Damon

By James White

matt-damon_646x363.jpg

Matt Damon is no stranger to the MCU, but his last appearance was a relatively brief one – as an Asgardian actor playing Loki in a play about his "noble" "sacrifice" in Thor: Ragnarok.

According to reports from the Australian press, he has arrived Down Under with his family to start quarantine ahead of a role in Thor: Love And Thunder.

Assuming he's not just headed to the relatively Covid-safe Australia (at least compared to many places in the US and Europe) to hang out with Chris Hemsworth, we'd imagine he'll have a larger role this time around.

Especially since he's apparently relocating for several months.

Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/thor-love-and-thunder-reportedly-adds-matt-damon/

I am so sorry to hear this. I have always considered Damon to be one of the actors with the greatest amount of integrity. And he seems to choose his roles so carefully. Other than the money, what would compel him to join the "amusement park film" bandwagon? I would assume this might affect his legacy as one of the greats. But, I have no objectivity in this area. I despise those films. 

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am so sorry to hear this.

He had a funny cameo (along with Luke Hemsworth) in Thor Ragnarok.

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Other than the money, what would compel him to join the "amusement park film" bandwagon?

Jason Bourne on line 2 for you.

Big (home-town) Matty D. fan here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I am so sorry to hear this. I have always considered Damon to be one of the actors with the greatest amount of integrity. And he seems to choose his roles so carefully. Other than the money, what would compel him to join the "amusement park film" bandwagon? I would assume this might affect his legacy as one of the greats. But, I have no objectivity in this area. I despise those films. 

Apparently you've forgotten about "Stuck on you", " Dogma", "Ocean's Eleven, Twelve, thirteen", etc.

Of course it's about the money!

Not every movie can be a " Good Will Hunting, Rounders, or The Talented Mr. Ripley".  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, mtls2005 said:

He had a funny cameo (along with Luke Hemsworth) in Thor Ragnarok.

Jason Bourne on line 2 for you.

Big (home-town) Matty D. fan here. 

Me too. I love the guy. I think Damon is not only one of the most talented actors working today, he seems to be a very nice guy, totally down to earth, and a totally decent person. That is part of why I am sad to see him going the way of the amusement park, roller coaster film style. There is just no substance there. It is such minor fluff, and such desperation on the part of Hollywood to stick with just about the only thing that seems to be working for them, these days. Sad. Very sad. 

Edited by spidermike007

5 minutes ago, champers said:

I have forgotten the film's name.

The Great Wall.

Perhaps not Zhang Yimou's greatest film, but still a fun romp.

No worries, Thor 4 will be box office boffo.

I'd argue that the Thor films are perhaps the best of the MCU. Amazing directors (Kenneth Branagh for the first film), even more amazing casts (too many A-listers to list). Taika Waititi brings a lot as director in Ragnarok, and the 4th film.

Some speculation that Matt Damon will reprise his role as faux Loki and face off against Gorr, but who knows?