Loooking to buy Toyota Hilux Diesel/Isuza D-max Diesel

Big dave

We have one, 2012/2013  Hilux  Vigo serviced and well cared for in excellent condition. You can have it for 200,000 baht.   It is LPG/Gasoline and manual transmission. Long LPG MOT.  Not what you specified.  No specific reason for selling it, just that you asked.  Never been advertised. UK Expat private sale.  We just fancy a saloon now. Message me if you want to see it.  Jomtien based

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Postmaster said:

We have one, 2012/2013  Hilux  Vigo serviced and well cared for in excellent condition. You can have it for 200,000 baht.   It is LPG/Gasoline and manual transmission. Long LPG MOT.  Not what you specified.  No specific reason for selling it, just that you asked.  Never been advertised. UK Expat private sale.  We just fancy a saloon now. Message me if you want to see it.  Jomtien based

The only problem with Saloon is height , you cannot see down the road for dangers , many rear Enders on the roads are Saloon type , plenty of solo pick up truck accidents 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

I just bought Brand New Toyota Revo Rocco , 5 months ago , I love it , Looks Great in Black  , no 4x4 I was warned all those moving parts and people think abused in 4x4 in jungle , 6,000 k on it , I see all these FORD ‘s  and people complaining about Service Centers , Toyota great resale if I gotta Run , I think the Aussies love their Isuzu , but I have a very unique truck , not that many on the road , it’s Gorgeous Btw with all the Diesel changes here and 20 types my Toyota is approved for B-20 , 2015 and up Toyota , keep that in mind Diesel types 

Ditto, had mine 2 years now, cheapish main dealer service, no rip offs, good consumption figures and comfortable for long distance drives. I've only found 1 drawback and that is I have to almost completely stop when driving over sleeping policemen. 

Agreed, looks good and I find the rear opening door system works great for loading.  Most of the places I stop for fuel employ Laos or Myanmar  so with my pathetic attempt at Thai I'm just grateful that it's diesel they fill up with.  I always end up with them filling it with the most expensive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Yes, I would stick to diesel too, very little to service, engine wise.

Toyota 4x4 is, unless it has changed, an on demand 4x4, gets very little use unless it is used off road most of it's life. I sold my 4x4 at 11.5 years old, 4x4 was used a few times in mud, but mostly in the rainy season if it was needed, it really is a bulletproof system..

I agree with you, my whole life I drove diesel, and counting, at the moment I bought a Isuzu Mu-X 2021 diesel, I think the last in row, because I'm 73 already, and my car before this was a Fortuner and drove it for  more than 8 years.

I started with my first diesel, a Peugeot 404 somwhere in '77, last century.

Just now, Peterphuket said:

I agree with you, my whole life I drove diesel, and counting, at the moment I bought a Isuzu Mu-X 2021 diesel, I think the last in row, because I'm 73 already, and my car before this was a Fortuner and drove it for  more than 8 years.

Ow, to be honestly, a few years when I come to LOS, to live here, I drove, Honda Civic/CRV/and a Ford Escape, all on gasoline.

4 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Hi thanks for getting back to me i will be arriving in pattaya early next week so would be happy to take a look

whats the mileage please 

23 minutes ago, Big dave said:

Hi thanks for getting back to me i will be arriving in pattaya early next week so would be happy to take a look

whats the mileage please 

Do a compression test before buying.  LPG can burn out valves.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

Ditto, had mine 2 years now, cheapish main dealer service, no rip offs, good consumption figures and comfortable for long distance drives. I've only found 1 drawback and that is I have to almost completely stop when driving over sleeping policemen. 

Agreed, looks good and I find the rear opening door system works great for loading.  Most of the places I stop for fuel employ Laos or Myanmar  so with my pathetic attempt at Thai I'm just grateful that it's diesel they fill up with.  I always end up with them filling it with the most expensive.

Yes the new tailgate you can lift with one finger , tortion  bar I think it’s called incredible, I tend to put regular diesel then every 5 or 7 tanks I put Vpower from Shell or Esso or caltex just for the detergents to work on valves snd injectors to keep tip top 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

A question for you, our lad is toying with either a new Fortuner or MU-X, I know your ol' Fortuner was cracking on a bit, but being honest, how does the MU-X compare to the Fortuner, did you first try the new Fortuner...? 

8 hours ago, transam said:

A question for you, our lad is toying with either a new Fortuner or MU-X, I know your ol' Fortuner was cracking on a bit, but being honest, how does the MU-X compare to the Fortuner, did you first try the new Fortuner...? 

No, i'm sorry about that, I instantly make the choice for the MU-X because the price, it is a huge price different with the Fortuner.

Understand me well, I was until the last km, very content with the Fortuner and the service at Toyota, Never got any problem with that car but I drove "only" 130000 km.

I hope the new owner can at least drive the same km's.

Of course the future will tell me it was a good decision.....about the Isuzu.

You have to realise, there is 9 years different between the new and old car, many things are changed in favor of the new one.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1