Any Chance that Covid Extension been Prolonged?

Personally, do you thing immigration will extend the covid extension for tourist visa once again after January 29, or they will finally kick-out all the tourists who actually spend money into the economy?

I got my extension until 28 February in Chiang Mai. Normally, because of the January 29 deadline (that I was not aware before this week), I would have go back to immigration on Jan 29 to get another 60 days, even if my visa expire only the 28 February. However, at the beginning of the month, I send my passport to Canada embassy to renew it because it was almost full. It's a very very bad timing because I called them this week and they told me that I will probably not receive my passport until the first week of February. So impossible for me then to go ask for the 60 days extension.

I was expecting to be able to stay in Thailand until at least April but now, it's a possibility that I have to leave at the end of February.

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

for my opinion  is  when the border gonna open  they will stop do covid extension 

I had not thought of it that way however think your statement makes perfect sense. 

Let's hope so. I'm here on extensions so makes no difference to me. However for folk in different situation I hope that the covid extensions continue as you suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

When are we supposed to know if the Covid extension will be extend or no? Are they suppose to do a cabinet meeting like they did before announcing the second amnesty?

My passport still at my embassy for renewal, so I cannot extend my visa before the January 29 deadline.

13 minutes ago, Mormolin said:

When are we supposed to know if the Covid extension will be extend or no? Are they suppose to do a cabinet meeting like they did before announcing the second amnesty?

Immigration did not make a public announcement of the last extension of the covid 19 extension order. A copy of the order was leaked by somebody at immigration.

It is order issued by immigration. No need for the cabinet to do anything.

22 minutes ago, Mormolin said:

My passport still at my embassy for renewal, so I cannot extend my visa before the January 29 deadline.

It will likely be continued after Jan 29th. 

With a stamp until 28th Feb you should have time to get another type of extension, unless your new passport is seriously late. 

They start the 60 days from the date of application, not the date of the previous stamp's expiry. 

So I think it's just a money making ploy to get the people using the Covid-60 to get another one, and of course pay 1900 baht, on Jan 29th even though their previous one doesn't expire until the end of Feb.

So everyone will be stamped in until 30th March.

The next announcement could be they're being made available until Feb 28th. 

Then everyone has to go and pay 1900 baht again on Feb 28th even though their stamp is until 30th March. 

Etc etc.

You get the picture. ????

7 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

They start the 60 days from the date of application, not the date of the previous stamp's expiry. 

So I think it's just a money making ploy to get the people using the Covid-60 to get another one, and of course pay 1900 baht, on Jan 29th even though their previous one doesn't expire until the end of Feb.

Then everyone has to go and pay 1900 baht again on Feb 28th even though their stamp is until 30th March. 

Etc etc.

Yes, that would make total sense!

Just back from CM immigration. Got under consideration for 60 extension. I was told by the volunteers outside that this is the last time I will be able to extend. However my thoughts, like everybody else's, are that they will likely make them available for longer. After all the border is still closed and I still cannot return home. 

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Etc etc.

As far I know  it's from the expiry  date not date of application.

Etc etc.

Yeah! That's sounds very thai. 

Like when they told the amnesty ends in the end of september, 100% was the last amnesty, and need to have a proper visa or go to our country. And finally they extend again a week later, and even they started with this covid extension. Finally it was great for overstayers, and very bad for the people who paid 17k-25k for 3 months visa.

TLV, shutdown. Germany and Belg  restricting almost all flights. Hong Kong, chaos looming talking 14 day quarantine for air crew. KLM stopping long haul. Cargo flying soon will be the only thing left  I'd reckon there will be more extensions unless some wish to force people into overstaying,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israel-coronavirus-ben-gurion-airport-closed/2021/01/24/be24f790-5e67-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-01-germany-mulls-international-air-traffic.html

That's not correct.

I got 2 of them, both IO's made a point of saying that the 60 days starts from today, not the expiry date of the last extension. 

Well u were very unlucky because  many many  others are getting the 60 days from  the date there previous extension  ends. 

That's not correct.

I got 2 of them, both IO's made a point of saying that the 60 days starts from today, not the expiry date of the last extension. 

I think it's depend of IO's. I did mine at Jomtien and they gave me 60 days since my last stamp finish.

I went yesterday again to Jomtien Immigration to try to get another Covid extension (mine finish on 24 February) and they told me I can come back on February as they will extend the actual Covid extension.

I think they just didn't want to give me the extension now and just want me to leave. I think nobody knows if this extension gonna be extended or not yet. Let's see.

That's not correct.

Correct, they do what they want and then wonder when it's crowded on the last extension day.

Why are they so retarded is a mystery...

28 minutes ago, zekelin said:

I think it's depend of IO's. I did mine at Jomtien and they gave me 60 days since my last stamp finish.

I went yesterday again to Jomtien Immigration to try to get another Covid extension (mine finish on 24 February) and they told me I can come back on February as they will extend the actual Covid extension.

I think they just didn't want to give me the extension now and just want me to leave. I think nobody knows if this extension gonna be extended or not yet. Let's see.

I'm on the same  expiry date as u and was also  told to come back next month if I wanted  another extension. 

No one actually knows what will be happening.

We have advised everyone to take their 60 day extensions while they can.

Hopefully section 5 gets extended, and but if it does not get extended they will need to switch to a different visa, or prepare to leave.

We are all on the same boat waiting for the final verdict, and judging from last time it we may know as late as Feb 10th.

55 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

No one actually knows what will be happening.

We have advised everyone to take their 60 day extensions while they can.

Hopefully section 5 gets extended, and but if it does not get extended they will need to switch to a different visa, or prepare to leave.

We are all on the same boat waiting for the final verdict, and judging from last time it we may know as late as Feb 10th.

February 10th? Where did you pull that out of? What's the relevance of that date? Last time we didn't have to wait 12 days.

Archived