Health Ministry assurance of safe COVID-19 vaccines

snoop1130

Health Ministry assurance of safe COVID-19 vaccines

a7fd3df24e05741173b4d595d64966a2_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Minister of Public Health has assured the public that all COVID-19 vaccines approved for administration in Thailand are safe. The Ministry is now planning to start vaccinating members of the public in June, following health workers and the at-risk population.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, Anutin Charnvirakul was addressing concerns regarding reports of fatal side effects of COVID-19 vaccinations in foreign countries, saying no official responses from related sectors have been made, to clarify those news reports.

He assured the public however, that the procurement of COVID-19 vaccines for Thailand will be safe, with a subcommittee on vaccine management under the Ministry of Public Health already established to oversee vaccine-related policies, as well as prioritizing population groups that should receive the vaccine first.

Mr Anutin said the approval of any COVID-19 vaccine in Thailand requires trial data from the manufacturer, which will be considered against a set of criteria from medical institutions and the World Health Organization. Any vaccine submitted for approval will be vigorously tested by the Food and Drugs Administration and the Department of Medical Sciences.

He said however at this point, the vaccines will only be approved for emergency use without any commercial usage allowed. The government will regulate the usage of the vaccine, and expects to launch a mass vaccination campaign for people throughout the country, in June.

The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health today visited a field hospital at Thammasat University’s Rangsit Campus. This field hospital has been set up to accommodate COVID-19 patients from Bangkok, Saraburi, Nonthaburi, Lopburi, Ang Thong, Nakhon Nayok, Sing Buri, Ayutthaya, and Pathum Thani.

This 308-bed field hospital currently has 10 patients admitted for treatment. The hospital’s bed capacity can be increased to 400 beds in two weeks.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-01-18

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

He said however at this point, the vaccines will only be approved for emergency use without any commercial usage allowed.

So, those hospitals that just announced the had pre-ordered millions of vaccines will not be able to sell them?

Is that what he is trying to say?

That would be pretty stupid...then again, this is Anutin.

• Like 2

How about a sub-committee on refrigeration, and safe transport and storage of vaccines. I'm quite happy as a farang ATM to have to pay for my jabs, at least I'll be allowed to choose what they inject into me. When I'll be allowed to do so, though, is another matter. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Minister of Public Health has assured the public that all COVID-19 vaccines approved for administration in Thailand are safe.

We are constantly told that things are safe in Thailand.. however experience has taught me to ignore what people say and follow the facts.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

What are they waiting for? Profit share on the vaccines? Thailand is manufacturing vaccines so why wait until June? Thai hospitals claim to be world leaders in medical tourism so why aren't they vaccinating now. Approval should be routine if so many affected countries around the world have already approved. Thailand's very large army should already be organising vaccination sites!

Are they not too busy guarding the borders, especially Burmas, to watch for illegals?

18 hours ago, YetAnother said:

true , pure thailand; absolutely no basis for saying this ; premature and just incredibly stupid; thru current thai leadership

Would you trust a statement attributed to a nut in the Ministry of Health? (Sorry, that should read Anutin the Ministry of Health)