'Brexit carnage': shellfish trucks protest in London over export chaos

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Just trying to help because you write 'click'.....it is 'clique' in the sense you intend......that was all......????

I don't need the grammar police, thank you, please stick to digging around for Brexit stuff to keep us amused, it is more in your line....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We have Brexited and we are all doing great.

I like that positivity of yours

Now you are on the optimistic fringe of leavers : unlile you, some leavers are actually acknowledging there are problems and are starting to turn on each other as blaming the EU has its limits.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/18/brexiters-damage-horse-racing-fishing-haulage-industry-chaos

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am still waiting to feel that freedom. What should I look out for? How will I recognise it? 

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are a number of certainties amongst which are Brexit is causing problems for British businesses and the predominantly older voters who backed Brexit won’t be around to assure your prediction on the future of the UK and EU.

When you get your lovely Bloo passport (made in Poland) and the lovely sovereignty sauce to go with it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

I like that positivity of yours

Now you are on the optimistic fringe of leavers : unlile you, some leavers are actually acknowledging there are problems and are starting to turn on each other as blaming the EU has its limits.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/18/brexiters-damage-horse-racing-fishing-haulage-industry-chaos

Remainer shills wailing for the benefit of europhile central. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Sounds exactly like the predictions that were labeled as “Project Fear” by Brexiteers. No wonder they have already moved from “Project Fear” to “you had enough time to prepare”. 

Every person in the fish ( dairy, meat, poultry) industry in the world knows, when you want to export these products into the EU, you have to pass a veterinary inspection. When your company has an EU allowance number, you can get when an by the EU appointed auditor gave your premises an O.K., this all lasts more time as transport between EU member countries. The UK, for 47 years a member, should know. 4.5 years to prepare. What you want more ? Oh... an honoust government and NOR a Boris the Liar... o,.k. but you have brains yourself also I presume.

19 hours ago, Loiner said:

Well we didn't have the Remainer predicted 'Brexit carnage', so they decided to try and make some of their own. However, 20 trucks parked around Westminster does not carnage make.

The others could not afford the petrol to drive to The Liar's Denn

Just now, puipuitom said:

The others could not afford the petrol to drive to The Liar's Denn

I'm sure the globalist big business EU supporting Remainers would have had a whip round if enough shellfish truckers were interested in a day out. Maybe a free respray would coax a few?

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As others have pointed out, the deal was only finalised literally days before the new arrangements were to come into place so they didn't really have much time to prepare but in any event, the exporters are not saying the delays are due to them not having the paperwork ready, it's because of things such as, "a shortage of customs agents on both sides" and the requirement to have, "vets checking the loads," along with the time, effort and money it takes to prepare the paperwork even if you know about it, plus the time it takes for it to be checked.

These are exactly the kinds of non-tariff barriers that the much-maligned "experts" had always predicted would be one of the main problems with any post-Brexit deal, rather than actual duties or tariffs.

Nonsense. When this Brexit deal was not completed, the British would even have more "fishy"problems, like also an import duty. The veterinary paperwork, should have been known since 1974 

see TARIC Consultation (europa.eu)

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

NI and Irish unification......now that really will be carnage.

What do you think of the Gaelic Confederation, more-or-less as Belgium is now with 4 identities. Thanks to Eire, they are all inside the EU on the moment that treaty is signed.

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

will that be before or after Flanders gains independence from Belguim

Why Flanders would search for an independence from Belgium ?  They already can do in their territory, what they want. Even a 2x non-Belgium government for 550 days... nobody cares. And the connection to their EU neighbours... such a fortified border, impossible to cross.... ( thanks to a pub as if they did not make this border for tourists, nobody would notice)

border between Belgium and Netherlands.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's strange how Europhiles and Remainers keep describing Scottish independence as some sort of punishment for leaving the EU. But most English people couldn't give a stuff about it. 

I like the union but if Scots want to go their own way, good luck to them. There would be no pie on my face. 

You guys need to stop inventing problems. 

"But most English people couldn't give a stuff about it. "

Looking at the objections from the English on this forum to a referendum, it looks like you're alone in 'don't give a stuff about it'.

• Like 2

????....

Brexit news: French ships allowed in Channel waters as Guernsey agrees rogue deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Brexit rebellion: French ships welcomed into Channel as Guernsey agrees rogue deal

GUERNSEY has agreed a fishing deal allowing French boats to plunder waters around the coast of the British Crown Dependency.

By RICHARD PERCIVAL

PUBLISHED: 08:30, Tue, Jan 19, 2021 | UPDATED: 08:49, Tue, Jan 19, 2021

The Crown Dependency, which is not part of the UK but often aligns policies and agreements, had discussions with their France counterparts after Brexit was finally finalised late last year. The new deal, which is in the process of ratification, will now allow French vessels indefinite access to the isle's waters from April 1, which will also be reciprocated for Guernsey's vessels in French waters.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You have left, forget about the EU. The resentment is clouding brexiteers' opinions.