Thailand elite superiority extension 20 year visa background check?

I am interested in the Thailand elite superiority extension 20 year visa for 1 million baht.

I have read the Thailand elite visa will do a background check before giving a approval for the elite visa.

I am a 39 year old American. Is the background check for my USA records or checking if I have records in Thailand?

From memory its for the Thai authorities only. The FAQ's say its for Thai immigration to check you're not on a blacklist, watch list or anything that would prevent you obtaining a visa.

They appear to be more concerned about any overstay from my experience.

40 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Tried to get this last month but had a 1 day overstay so got rejected. Overstay from 2013 so have to reapply in 2023.

That's odd, either they've changed the rules or you went through an agent who didn't have a clue what they're talking about and they 'rejected' your application incorrectly.

Did you apply directly to thailandelite.com or through an agent? I've heard about all sorts of dodgy and incorrect advice given out by the agents.

1 hour ago, americantraveler said:

I am a 39 year old American. Is the background check for my USA records or checking if I have records in Thailand?

They're checking your records in Thailand, if they wanted to check your US records they would require you to get copies of them from your government.

Just now, ukrules said:

That's odd, either they've changed the rules or you went through an agent who didn't have a clue what they're talking about and they 'rejected' your application incorrectly.

Did you apply directly to thailandelite.com or through an agent? I've heard about all sorts of dodgy and incorrect advice given out by the agents.

Directly to TE. Had my cash ready and waiting. 1 day overstay cost me 2 year wait. Why you got a work round?

14 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Directly to TE. Had my cash ready and waiting. 1 day overstay cost me 2 year wait. Why you got a work round?

No work around - this wasn't a problem before, the question on the application form I filled out just over a year ago was 'how many overstays do you have in the last 3 years' and I seem to recall that 2 was the limit, however my previous overstays are long ago, well before yours and they obviously didn't care about them as I'm on my second 5 year membership right now.

Maybe I'll get another one in 2025, we'll see - I'll be old enough for a retirement visa by then though.

I've never heard of this 10 year denial period since the last overstay before.

Just now, ukrules said:

No work around - this wasn't a problem before, the question on the application form I filled out just over a year ago was 'how many overstays do you have in the last 3 years' and I seem to recall that 2 was the limit, however my previous overstays are long ago, well before yours and they obviously didn't care about them as I'm on my second 5 year membership right now.

Maybe I'll get another one in 2025, we'll see - I'll be old enough for a retirement visa by then though.

I've never heard of this 10 year denial period since the last overstay before.

Well maybe that piddly 5 year extension is a bit more lax I'm looking for 20 years and maybe the difference is they are more strict with that 20 year extension. I'm no expert of course as I am sure neither are you, I mean you sound like you have done two 5 years at the cost of a 20? Is that right brightboy? ????

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

Well maybe that piddly 5 year extension is a bit more lax I'm looking for 20 years and maybe the difference is they are more strict with that 20 year extension. I'm no expert of course as I am sure neither are you, I mean you sound like you have done two 5 years at the cost of a 20? Is that right brightboy? ????

That's right, the 20 year option wasn't available the first time I signed up (it's relatively new) and I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I don't know how long I'm going to stay in Thailand for, maybe I'll be living elsewhere by 2025. For now I'll forget about it for the next 5 years and consider my options in 2025.

I do know one thing for sure based on my experience, once you're approved the first time the renewal process takes just 1 or 2 days to complete - it's a mere formality.

Good luck getting off the government blacklist in a few years time and have fun with the border runs ????????

9 hours ago, americantraveler said:

Is the background check for my USA records or checking if I have records in Thailand?

Of course America won't give Thailand access to their records, and vice versa, unless it's some super important case.  which probably has never happened.

maybe they could ask for an FBI check, but then the American Embassy knows where you are and are looking for you... lol.  i wouldn't be surprised if a criminal who served 30-years in American prisons were allowed this visa if they served their time.  why not?

yea, i would only worry about money and Thailand.  

I found the actual Elite application consent form I filled in when I applied. The following is part of the declaration at the bottom the form where you sign to declare you are of good character and will obey the countries rules.

In addition, I consent to the Company's verifying my background against the information pertaining to myself kept by the Royal Thai Police, the Immigration Bureau, the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and/or at other relevant government offices, as well as consent to the Royal Thai Police, the Immigration Bureau, the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and/or at other relevant government offices disclosing my background to the Company.

Archived