First shipment of COVID-19 vaccine to arrive in Thailand this week

webfact

First shipment of COVID-19 vaccine to arrive in Thailand this week

000_8WY6KY.jpg

(Photo by Graeme Robertson / various sources / AFP)

Thailand may get its first emergency shipment of COVID-19 vaccine this week, ahead of schedule, and vaccinations should be able to begin in February, according to Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department.

He said today that a manufacturing company, which he did not name, had already submitted detailed information and samples of their vaccine to the Thai Food and Drug Administration for examination and tests of its efficacy and safety.

He said that the vaccine is expected to be approved by the Thai FDA, that the first lot of the vaccine will be in Thailand within this week and that vaccination can start in February as planned.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-shipment-of-covid-19-vaccine-to-arrive-in-thailand-this-week/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

There is no need for the brave men on this forum to worry about which vaccine this first batch will be.

Because you won’t be getting any anyway. None of it is for you.

I am pleased with the decision that private hospitals can import their own giving us all the opportunity to chose whichever one we want. 

How good is that? You can’t complain about that. 

I will probably take them all, just to be sure. Simultaneously, one in each arm and one in each cheek.

its reported that my private hospital group, Thonburi, has ordered a few million of the Sinovac vaccine. Interesting because on of their top consultants told me its rubbish. I won't use it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, uncleP said:

its reported that my private hospital group, Thonburi, has ordered a few million of the Sinovac vaccine. Interesting because on of their top consultants told me its rubbish. I won't use it.

Your big gun mate told you in thai so you may have misunderstood 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Could only be Sinovac or Astra-Zeneca. The Pfizer is well beyond the Thai logistic capability (Mai phen rai), and so is the the Moderna with a -20C requirement. 

I think the lack of detail says it all, they know the Chinese Sinovac vaccine is dodgy and don't want to draw attention to the fact they are using it, that alone just raises concerns that they keep attempting to hide the details - of course there will be a big show of all the cabinet and PM and deputies getting a shot of (saline) the vaccine  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said today that a manufacturing company, which he did not name, had already submitted detailed information and samples of their vaccine to the Thai Food and Drug Administration for examination and tests of its efficacy and safety.

So what happened to the "transparency" that Prayut promised?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uncleP said:

he speaks perfect English ????

It's extremely unlikely a top level consultant would go around blabbering to who whoever listens that the product is rubbish. 

This is a substantial order and would warrant grounds for instant dismal. 

Unfortunately there is to much hearsay (my mate said etc ) without the required links. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

It's extremely unlikely a top level consultant would go around blabbering to who whoever listens that the product is rubbish. 

This is a substantial order and would warrant grounds for instant dismal. 

Unfortunately there is to much hearsay (my mate said etc ) without the required links. 

he has been my doc for many years but let's say you know better than anyone in your trousers. which is basically nobody with any info whatsoever. you do what you want; so will I.

• Sad 1

Have to feel sorry for Thai medical workers, who will receive the first shots of what will most likely be Chinese vaccine.  Since China doesn’t make all of its test results public—these frontline workers will become the guinea pigs for Sinovac.