Woman may have tried to sell Pelosi computer device to Russians, FBI says

webfact

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Do a Google search.  Almost every article describes her as a Trump supporter.  But yes, I'm sure Trump's supporters probably think she's a member of Antifa in disguise.  :cheesy:

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/01/central-pa-woman-at-center-of-probe-into-pelosis-stolen-laptop-who-she-is-where-shes-from.html

Her mother told the reporter that her daughter, who she described as loving and empathetic, had taken a sudden interest in Trump’s politics and far-right message boards recently.

“She’s goes to rallies,” her mother told ITV News. “She never ever talked about them.”

Thanks.  But I'll hold out for something a little more substantial than Mom trying to blame Trump for corrupting her errant daughter. 

A video of her with a MAGA hat or a Trump flag or saying something nice about Trump.  Or a social media account... but she deleted those.

BTW, her Mom says she wasn't a leader.  But that's not what the videos said...  She was downright bossy.  But never mentioned Trump that I saw.  No Trump hat.  No Trump flag.  No Trump T-shirt.  Nothing.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thanks.  But I'll hold out for something a little more substantial than Mom trying to blame Trump for corrupting her errant daughter. 

A video of her with a MAGA hat or a Trump flag or saying something nice about Trump.  Or a social media account... but she deleted those.

BTW, her Mom says she wasn't a leader.  But that's not what the videos said...  She was downright bossy.  But never mentioned Trump that I saw.  No Trump hat.  No Trump flag.  No Trump T-shirt.  Nothing.

She attended rallies, was in that video acting like she was directing people.  Come on.  You're too biased to see the facts.

Doubt many BLM people were at that rally! Though conservative fake news outlets try so....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

She attended rallies, was in that video acting like she was directing people.  Come on.  You're too biased to see the facts.

Doubt many BLM people were at that rally! Though conservative fake news outlets try so....

Not too biased.  Just as I don't lump all the arsonists and looters into the BLM movement, I don't lump all the idiots at the capital riot into Trump supporters.   Both of them had their nefarious actors who didn't represent the majority.

To be honest, for someone who, as Mom called her, "not a leader" and "just recently taking interest in Trump stuff online", she was suspiciously assertive, herding people around and egging them on.  If she wasn't a plant, she would have been a good one.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Not too biased.  Just as I don't lump all the arsonists and looters into the BLM movement, I don't lump all the idiots at the capital riot into Trump supporters.   Both of them had their nefarious actors who didn't represent the majority.

To be honest, for someone who, as Mom called her, "not a leader" and "just recently taking interest in Trump stuff online", she was suspiciously assertive, herding people around and egging them on.  If she wasn't a plant, she would have been a good one.

Wearing a maga hat is one of the first thing a plant would do, in order to be considered as a Trumper. 

Edited by candide

with DC under military lockdown, I have a feeling that those military barricades and checkpoints will never leave, and Biden will remain inside the WH for the next 4 years, disconnecting further from the real world

I wonder how well they will be met when we have another BLM demonstration in DC

maybe he could pre-empt a pardon to Trump as a sign of unity ????

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, impulse said:

So, what you're saying is you got nothing.  

So today the lady in question was released on bail and house arrest.

To her defence her lawyer said "“It is regrettable that Ms Williams took the president’s bait and went inside the Capitol,Ulrich told the judge. " is that enough indication for you that she was a trump supporter?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40211726.html

You are welcome. 

Edited by sirineou

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Her lawyer's setting up her defense.  The bad orange guy made me do it.  If I had a dollar for every video of a lawyer, mother and grandmother blaming Trump, I could have a real nice dinner.

Still no indication from her.  Even a Trump T-shirt?  (Not that I'd believe anything she says in public now that she's on trial for up to 20 years)

You're correct.  You'd be rich as many fell for the propaganda and lies from The bad orange guy.

Even the Proud Boys are giving up on him.  Too funny.  What a bunch of nutters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/technology/proud-boys-trump.html

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

Members of the far-right group, who were among Donald Trump’s staunchest fans, are calling him “weak” as more of them were charged for storming the U.S. Capitol.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Full disclosure...  The reason this one piqued my interest is that, days before this woman was outed, Lt General McInerney claimed that Pelosi's laptop was stolen by special forces personnel.  Rather than point to the original dodgy video, here's a link to a PolitiFact debunking of that claim. (And some other wild claims he made)

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/jan/12/debunking-false-claims-former-lt-gen-mcinerney-cap/

Again, that was days before any information came out about this woman.  So when I read that someone had been identified and arrested, I wanted to see if she looked and acted more like a Trump supporter, or special forces personnel.  So far, I can't tell.  And normally when I make a wrong statement, plenty of TVF'ers tell me how stupid it was- with proof.   So far, not convinced by the proof.

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Just imagine if this girl was black do you think they would turn her over to mommy?this little nutter needs to do some prison time imo all insurrectionists should no excuses 

It's less to do with the color of her skin than the vestiges of the Trump administration ("justice" system included.) So far how many Capitol riot charges have included sedition/insurrection? None (maybe a couple by now) but window-dressing mostly.

Btw, pulling up the race card at every opportunity of unrest/riot/coup/whatever only serves to detract from the nature of the crisis at hand. It's like throwing a ball at the dog to get it to move to the other side of the fence.

7 minutes ago, watthong said:

It's less to do with the color of her skin than the vestiges of the Trump administration ("justice" system included.) So far how many Capitol riot charges have included sedition/insurrection? None (maybe a couple by now) but window-dressing mostly.

Btw, pulling up the race card at every opportunity of unrest/riot/coup/whatever only serves to detract from the nature of the crisis at hand. It's like throwing a ball at the dog to get it to move to the other side of the fence.

What?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  You really need a better source for your news.  This invasion had nothing to do with race.  Other than those who broke in were hard core racists...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/01/20/among-capitol-riot-arrests-fbi-accuses-extremists-conspiracy/4203195001/

A list of nearly 100 people arrested from the day of the riot on Jan. 6 to the eve of Joe Biden’s inauguration as president Wednesday includes a diverse group: President Donald Trump supporters, members of far-right and anti-government groups and others whose paths to the Capitol started in hometowns around the country but converged in the riot that left five people dead and dozens injured.

9 minutes ago, watthong said:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/when-extremists-stormed-capitol-and-got-convicted-seditious-conspiracy

When Extremists Stormed the Capitol and Got Convicted of Seditious Conspiracy