Nigerian on 60 day tourist visa arrested after 2,683 day stay in Thailand

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Nigerian on 60 day tourist visa arrested after 2,683 day stay in Thailand

1pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Thailand's immigration police led by region one commander Pol Maj-Gen Piti Nitinonthaset arrested a 40 year old Nigerian national in Bangkok at Soi Phetchaburi 35 in the Makkasan area. 

Onyebuchi E. had been admitted on a 60 day tourist visa on 27th April 2014 with permission to stay until June 25th of that year. 

He was on overstay of 2,683 days. 

Siam Rath quoted  region 1 deputy Lt-Col Suriya Phuangsombat as saying that immigration were targeting Africans to check on their visa status as part of measures associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Source: Siam Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-19

What's the problem?

We not all the same.

However, not so many Nigerian people in LOS, please.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Siam Rath quoted  region 1 deputy Lt-Col Suriya Phuangsombat as saying that immigration were targeting Africans to check on their visa status as part of measures associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Don't get this part. The man hasn't been out of the country in over 7 years, and somehow checking his visa deals with COVID spread?

10 hours ago, metisdead said:

Some troll posts have been removed. 

There is a horrible racist tone in some posts. not all Nigerians are scammers. There is a thriving Nigerian business community here that had been around for decades. I guess it’s easier for people here just to fall into insulting stereotypes tho.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ah, so the super duper immigration BMW  did'nt detect this one, maybe time to update their software!????

No covid has exposed a deep flaw in the the super duper BMW. Its wonderful face recognition software is no match for a 10b face mask and a pair of 50b sunglasses. Ooops.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ah, so the super duper immigration BMW  did'nt detect this one, maybe time to update their software!????

No racism intended, but when i lived in Bristol UK, a BMW was known as Black Mans Wheels, coz of their drug dealing/pimping notoriety. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No racism intended, but when i lived in Bristol UK, a BMW was known as Black Mans Wheels, coz of their drug dealing/pimping notoriety. Just saying.

Oh! I though it stood for Bob Marley and the Wailers.  ????