Covid 'red' zones and restricted internal travel rules Thailand

notrub

I am looking for a site that will provide current information about where I can and cannot go, particularly in Isaan.  Some kind person posted a site which I have lost, sorry.  When I google search about this subject (see above) I get many sites referring to international travel and even Trump's latest thoughts on travel generally...  I live in buriram province and want to go to Korat for the day to have a meeting with my lawyer there, not shopping etc..   Can I find out?  No, only that locally (in my village) a friend of someone's aunt went there and did or did not have to stay home for 14 days...   

Any comments will be most gratefully received,  About travel, not the aunt.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, notrub said:

I am looking for a site that will provide current information about where I can and cannot go, particularly in Isaan.

I hope this helps:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

(update is of 18 Jan)

Search for "Buri Ram" (with a space).

Both Buri Ram as well as Nakhon Ratchasima are "Controlled Areas" (level 2 of 4).

Travel between them should be no problem.

Checkpoints for temperature check? Maybe.

Most of northern Isan is in the lowest level.

I did not experience any travel restrictions up here.

Maximum Controlled Areas – are the provinces where a high number of local cases have been detected in more than one area, and the government has stepped up entry-exit screening and contact tracing measures. *Only essential travel with official documents is allowed for people to enter or exit the areas.

Highly Controlled Areas – are the provinces where a high number of local cases have been detected in more than one area.

Controlled Areas – are provinces that either have a border with a highly controlled area province or have more than 10 new cases.

Areas Under High Surveillance are provinces with less than 10 cases yet have measures in place to control the community spread

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much KhunBenQ.  Both Buri Ram and   Nakhon Ratchasima are listed in NORTHEASTERN REGION (3 provinces) section ( sorry about the colour change- cut and paste) so it appears that my friend's aunt's friend got it wrong/right.

Thanks again.