TAT: Foreign tourists to arrive from October - 10 million targeted for 2021, total tourism spend 1.2 TRILLION baht!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh for goodness sake - take a day off, will you!  😞

While it is impossible to predict the future, setting a target of 10 million sounds about right IMHO.  I know of about 30+ people back home who are chomping at the bit for a Thai holiday now, and ab

was missing TAT weekly BS postings, where the heck they find this BS stuff

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, outsider said:

This, and also the fact that Thailand has lost its veneer, even before CVD19 struck. Also I am sure the less-than-friendly gestures, narratives and undertones towards foreigners (particularly westerners), as well as half-ar$ed and insincere attempts, did not go unnoticed. My guess is, tourism in Thailand was already on a down-cycle, despite the grovelling at China's feet, pre-CVD19. CVD19 just accelerated it.

Of course, it could work in their favour if the day to day stories of tourists being fleeced have become old news. I'd like to see some action taken when the country does re-open to tackle to scams and reset the reputation. The future could be very bright with clean beaches and businesses hungry for customers (plus some ladies in need of cash!)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, outsider said:

This, and also the fact that Thailand has lost its veneer, even before CVD19 struck. Also I am sure the less-than-friendly gestures, narratives and undertones towards foreigners (particularly westerners), as well as half-ar$ed and insincere attempts, did not go unnoticed. My guess is, tourism in Thailand was already on a down-cycle, despite the grovelling at China's feet, pre-CVD19. CVD19 just accelerated it.

Apply to your country based unfriendly Thai embassy for a CoE, and on arrival  that will be 300bt per person on the way in ..thank you !!  Exchange has not changed, operators will increase prices to try and recovery their massive losses .. possibly higher airfares, 2 days of your holidays 'lost' travelling  .. Greece, Spain or Thailand ??

• Like 2