TAT: Foreign tourists to arrive from October - 10 million targeted for 2021, total tourism spend 1.2 TRILLION baht!

webfact

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Which fortune teller did they consult?? Was it the same Frog like the one the boss uses??

prayut fortune teller.jpg

I love the look on that old woman's face!

"Eee, you're fupping barmy!!" ????

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Why should those who are vaccinated be able to travel ?

Nobody has proven that vaccination does not mean you cannot be a carrier ? You might be asymptomatic but able to carry and pass on to someone else.

Quarantine and  PCR testing has to remain in place for 2021 for everyone........vaccinated or not.

Why shouldnt those that are vaccinated be able to travel ?  

So where do you live then. I imagine your 1 of these peoiple already in Thailand that hasnt got a care in the world doenst want to have PCR tests when your doing your extenisons and doesnt have covid specific insurance.

But make sure everyone else has to be PCR'd and do Quarantine what a totally selfless attitude you have.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He must have inside knowledge. No mention of when other countries will give the OK for their citizens to travel overseas. He must believe other countries will say its OK to travel now because Thailand has opened its border and what Thailand says and wants will make all other countries jump.

I have already booked Qatar air to Thailand in Nov 21 to go check on the family home in the North-east. So one man closer to the 10 mil.

But if there is still quarantine I will have to postpone. I have already been vaccinated by Biontech vaccine but that does not seem to give quarantine free access to Thailand.

TAT have no idea what they are doing. People have been hanging on, hanging on, hanging on...getting more in debt to keep hanging on. Unless Covid 19 miraculously vanishes completely next week, it just ain't gonna happen. Geeze, I wish these guys would take a 'reality vaccination'. On the other hand, if these guys don't come out with these claims they'd probably get withdrawal symptoms, ????.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

all the hoops

This is where the government has failed. They make it so hard to get in. I'm willing to pay for the plane ticket, the ASQ, and get a medical certificate, but they want so much more, all done in a certain period of time. It's a police state with no logical path through the burearcracy and those working at the embassies don't want to be any help. It seems like the land of smiles only when the people want you to buy something from them. Try to get help from the government, and Thailand becomes the land of frowns. Seems they never want to do anything. How can I love a country so much with such a messed up government who makes things so hard.

• Like 1

Bunk.

We're not even past the point of discussing deporting long-stay expats married to Thais or long-stay retirees - both with substantial investments in the Thai economy - out of the country should they pop positive on a Covid PCR test prior to applying for an extension.

Until some sanity reins again - don't believe for a second that tourism will be revived nor foreign investments.  If your ability to enter - no less remain - in Thailand is tied to a PCR test?  Thailand isn't going to attract anything.  Well, maybe another 300 or 400 tourist in the next fiscal quarter. 
"But they're rich!"
Ok, good for them.  Thailand is saved.

• Thanks 1

these <deleted> ing clowns need to understand what damage the stv has done with the bureaucratic nonsence assocated to thailands already wanning image and of how not to open tourism that has failed.

Lot of competitors when travel starts think swampy will be used more as a transit hub no doubt TACK will count these to continue there BS which has been in overdrive during the pando.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Nobody has proven that vaccination does not mean you cannot be a carrier ? You might be asymptomatic but able to carry and pass on to someone else.

Quarantine and  PCR testing has to remain in place for 2021 for everyone........vaccinated or not.

Wouldn't you say we have different situations to consider?

1: The traveller is vaccinated and want to travel to a country that HAS finished their vaccination program,

and then it does not make sense for quarantines, because the majority of local citizens are protected.

2. The tourist is vaccinated but want to travel to a country, that has not vaccinated the majority of their citizens. 

There quarantine/tests could be an option, since a lot of locals are not protected.

3. The tourist is not vaccinated and should just stay at home forever and it  

sucks to be France, if they continue to say no to vaccines  ???? 

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/18/why-do-so-few-people-in-france-want-to-take-the-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think you can compare the Tsunami to Covid, To start with nobody was stopped from entering Thailand and the place was already busy and it was not a world wide problem

Indeed , that comparison is total nonsense.

I was in Phuket a month before the tsunami and back again two months after it hit.

This pandemic has prevented me from visiting for almost a year now and looks likely to be the best part of another year before im back.

Even that assumes that vaccination alone allows entry , if quarantine , covid tests and covid insurance are still in the mix , no chance of a tourist revival.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Thats fine in a sense but it means next to no tourism for another 18 months or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

In 2020 there was 6.7 million foriegnor tourist dream on and keep dreaming u cannot get 1200 tourist a month so where u going to get 10 million from this year they talk about how many tourist they expect but they dont talk about what hoops will still be in place

Most of that 6.7 million would have been Jan/Feb, before the borders were closed. They should have stated how many tourists came when the borders were closed (and how many actually were in transit) and not actually visiting Thailand. 

• Like 1