TAT: Foreign tourists to arrive from October - 10 million targeted for 2021, total tourism spend 1.2 TRILLION baht!

webfact

If many foreigners get their vaccines, and are desperate to escape the cold of Winter, there

may be some more visitors this coming WInter, but I doubt it will be in the several thousands.

It will likely take until the Fall of 2022 for the knowledge of how the vaccines work and for

people to be able to travel without quarantines.  I am not in a hurry to travel abroad anywhere

until I can feel safe where ever I vacation.  Good Luck to TAT and the other dreamers that

think, the pandemic will be over in 2021 and all will get back to normal.  The old normal

is gone for good.  

Geezer

40 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

In addition to the Wuhan Virus vaccine, Thailand should get the Generic Stupidity Vaccine. Mainly for the government. 

As much as I like calling spades spades too. As noted before on forum, there is no doubt this forum is read by some in government. It's not a coincidence that policies by government seem anti and negative towards foreigners , especially the Western , native English speaking ones.  

• Like 1

In my confusion after reading this I went to my doctor and explained TATs projections and forecasts to him.  I requested any information on a medical procedure that would allow me to see the ministers point of view clearly.

He tells me that the only possible option is a full colonoscopy

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

In addition to the Wuhan Virus vaccine, Thailand should get the Generic Stupidity Vaccine. Mainly for the government. 

Actually, for the majority of the population here..... A legacy of the German tourist, the junta and the rich families.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It's my view that they should not be in public service if they cannot tolerate criticism. 

Also, even though we are foreigners, most of us pay tax (well more per year than many Thais) and should be afforded equal protections under Thailand's laws, which is obviously not the case. 

Further, whilst we cannot vote, we do have the right to certain speech without breaking any Thai laws. 

Last, I don't think Thai elites would be any better to us if we let them walk all over us without any protest. They would just push harder. If you know anything about Sino culture, you know power is the only equalizer. 

A couple of points in your post need addressing........"and should be afforded equal protections under Thailand's laws"......you are living in one of the world's most corrupt countries.....there is no functioning justice system here, and no protection.

You should refrain from calling the rich folks 'elite'.....they are a long, long way from deserving such an accolade. 

• Haha 1

the world is currently in a downward economic free fall;

where will the 10 million foreign tourists come from?

Are they going to take their stimulus checks an buy a air ticket/pay for hotels?  Yea, right

I put it at under 3 million this year, possible 8 in 2021