Best Way To Get To Ayutthaya From Bangkok Airport

TODDO

Can anybody help with infomation about getting to Ayutthaya from the airport?

My plane doe not arrive until around 10.30pm and I would like to head straight from the airport to Ayutthya.

Do buses or trains still operate at this time of night or would it better to take a taxi? If taxi how much?

From Ayutthya I would like to head to Kanchanaburi.... what is the distance between these towns? What is the best way to get there.

After Kanchanaburi I would like to head north to Chang Mia. Is it easier to go back to Bangkok and fly as my time is limited and I have read that taking trains will waste a lot of time , is this true?

many thanks for your help in advance. :o

I live 2 hours further north of Ayutthaya and travel this route every month. I arrive into Bangkok at midnight and the easiest way is to use the airport limo's. You can pick one up after you pass through customs.

I pay about 3000B for my trip and thats a 3 hour drive, It should not cost you more than 1000- 1500B (all tolls included) and the journey will be about an hour depending on traffic. You can also haggle this price down.

Once you get to Ayutthaya you should be able to get a bus to your next destination. But I don't know Ayutthaya too much.

If you are going to Chaing Mai it may seem quicker to go back to the airport and fly but by the time you get to the airport and wait for your flight then fly up you could be almost there if you travel by car or bus directly from where you were.

Hope this helps

Can anybody help with infomation about getting to Ayutthaya from the airport?

My plane doe not arrive until around 10.30pm and I would like to head straight from the airport to Ayutthya.

Do buses or trains still operate at this time of night or would it better to take a taxi? If taxi how much?

From Ayutthya I would like to head to Kanchanaburi.... what is the distance between these towns? What is the best way to get there.

After Kanchanaburi I would like to head north to Chang Mia. Is it easier to go back to Bangkok and fly as my time is limited and I have read that taking trains will waste a lot of time , is this true?

many thanks for your help in advance. :o

From the airport to Ayutthaya, take a regular taxi. (Go down one level from arrivals, then out of the building for the taxi ranks. It's not signposted very well.) The official fare is 1,000 Baht - though you might have to haggle a little. The trip should take about 1 1/2 hours at that time of night.

From Ayutthaya to Kanchanaburi, you can do it by public bus. You might have to change once, depending on the route. Otherwise, speak to your hotel/guesthouse, and they can probably arrange a car and driver. It's about a 3 hour trip by bus.

Personally, I'd do Kanchanaburi first, then you can easily catch the train from Ayutthaya direct to Chiang Mai. Travel overnight and save yourself the cost of an hotel room/gain an extra day of holiday. (That said, the trains are often a couple of hours late, so be prepared to wait.)

If you really want to do Kanchanaburi to Chiang Mai direct, you've got a longish trip from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok, then got to get across town and out to the airport. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

How about reversing your trip? Possibly one night in Bangkok (or the expensive airport hotel). Fly to Chiang Mai. Overnight train to Ayutthaya. Bus to Kanchanaburi. Then back to Bangkok by rather quaint, slow train, or faster minivan.

• 2 years later...
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd give it a shot.... Is there a bus or a train I can take to Ayutthaya from the airport?

In short, no.

You could get a bus from Suvharnabhumi to Don Meuang, and then get the train from there to Ayutthaya - but that's a slow way to go.

You'd be far better off just getting a regular taxi from the airport. The official fare is 1,000 Baht.

Edited by AyG

• 1 year later...

And the bus from SUVARNABHUMI that goes to the north doesn't pass by AYUTHAYA ?

You just resurrected a thread from 2009.

Since you seem to be a cheapo, you can take a mini-van from the airport ground level (next to where the airport bus to Bangkok starts) to Rangsit (near Future Park mall) and another van from there to Ayutthaya. This will cost you Bt100, takes three hours and is much easier if you speak Thai (otherwise you'll have problems finding your onward van at Rangsit).

Or, you could take the (free) airport shuttle to the transportation centre and hope that they have a long-distance bus to Ayutthaya (I don't know). Again, very limited English spoken there.

Another way is to take the BTS to Victory Monument and a mini-van from there. Be prepared to ask numerous people and be directed all around the place before actually finding the van (or being told that the last one for the day has already left, as happened to me ...).

And the bus from SUVARNABHUMI that goes to the north doesn't pass by AYUTHAYA ?

Another way is to take the BTS to Victory Monument and a mini-van from there. Be prepared to ask numerous people and be directed all around the place before actually finding the van (or being told that the last one for the day has already left, as happened to me ...).

If the circle at Victory Monument was a clock face, and the Skytrain Station was below the six, the Ayutthaya van is at the nine - closest to the police box. Runs from 6 AM to 7 PM, every half hour or filled minivan, whichever happens first.