im american and thinking of coming now and doing the 14 days.

can i as an american come and do the 14 day quarantine?  heres my idea.  i know of a good massage lady...........its basically not romantic.    i dont know her that well .  but she gives good massage.  i thought after the 14 days i might rent a long term car or get her to get a car.  and we travel around thailand for a month or two.   i know its a crazy idea,  but if i came alone and went around alone will i find massage readily , or is the whole industry closed down due to covid......................im freezing here..................i need out

20 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

can i as an american come and do the 14 day quarantine?  heres my idea.  i know of a good massage lady...........its basically not romantic.    i dont know her that well .  but she gives good massage.  i thought after the 14 days i might rent a long term car or get her to get a car.  and we travel around thailand for a month or two.   i know its a crazy idea,  but if i came alone and went around alone will i find massage readily , or is the whole industry closed down due to covid......................im freezing here..................i need out

You could apply for a visa on "medical grounds".

Your little friend needs a daily, healthy massage.

47 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

Best troll post this week.

Anyone jumping through all the hoops required to organize an ASQ hotel, arrange tests, and book a flight now, three weeks into January, probably won't arrive in Thailand until February. By the time your expensive 15-night quarantine ends, it will be somewhere near the end of February.

If you are unlucky, you may get infected during your journey, forcing you, even if you are asymptomatic, to spend a few weeks in a Thai hospital, being treated like a leper, before being released at some point in March.

Signing up for this now, as vaccines are becoming more widely available, and with the EU deciding on a vaccination cert system by the end of this month (no doubt prompting many countries to do the same), it is absolutely certain that Thailand will soon rescue their tourist industry by switching to requiring vaccination certification instead of quarantine.

So, it is entirely possible that, by the time you walk out of quarantine or hospital, other tourists who did not have to quarantine will already be enjoying Thailand. They won't have to worry about getting infected in Thailand because they waited to get vaccinated, and neither will they have to suffer quarantine when they move on to the next country or return home.

I would not be surprised if Thailand even decides to create a more generous visa for those who are vaccinated, recognizing that other countries with decimated tourist industries will be competing for the same initially relatively small number of vaccinated travelers.

As soon as things start moving - by which I mean vaccines starting to be given to younger age cohorts, countries starting to agree upon a secure standard for certifying vaccination, airlines starting to state cut-off dates for when they will stop accepting non-vaccinated passengers, and the more quick-witted countries start rushing to salvage their tourist industries - it will all happen quite quickly. The world will be dealing with Covid-19 for years to come, but the vaccines are the cue for certain aspects of life to pop right back into place this year.

1 minute ago, Poet said:

So, it is entirely possible that, by the time you walk out of quarantine or hospital, other tourists who did not have to quarantine will already be enjoying Thailand.

Possible but highly unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He mentioned he is an American...

Yes, and, as you clearly noticed because you edited your excerpt so carefully, I said:

45 minutes ago, Poet said:

... , and with the EU deciding on a vaccination cert system by the end of this month (no doubt prompting many countries to do the same), ...

So, I was clearly suggesting that there will be a general falling into line, by all countries, once the big countries and big blocs settle upon a particular approach.

I have no idea why you felt it necessary to comment, although I suppose your current post count of 9,964 is getting tantalizingly close to 10K.

Archived