Lazada e-Wallet Problem

rak sa_ngop

I made a purchase by Counter Service on Lazada which could not be fulfilled so I received a refund. In order to obtain the cash refund I have to activate an e-Wallet and then subsequently transfer the money from the Wallet to a bank account.

I should have set up the Wallet inside my existing account in order to link my mobile phone number to that account. But somehow I set up the Wallet using my mobile phone number as log in and this has linked the Wallet to a new account which I access by my phone number (not by my email address).

So it seems that I now have 2 accounts, but the account with the money cannot be linked to my mobile phone number as that is linked to the new account.

Here's the rub. You can only link your phone to one account. You cannot change the link to another account. You can delete the 2nd account but you can NEVER use that mobile number again to link to the first account.

Lazada recommended that I use a different mobile number to link the the account. So crazy as it sounds I need to get a new phone number to get my money out (404 baht).

In fairness to Lazada they have now given me a way of transferring the money directly from the account to a bank but it seems this is something they do not advertise as their first recommendation was to get a new phone number. (I had to resort to the 'please talk to your supervisor' routine to get this)

So be careful when you set up an e-Wallet linked to your phone. You only get one chance to link the phone number to a Wallet to a Lazada account. It CANNOT be used for another account, EVER.

I also had a problem with a refund from Lazada. It took a while. Most chats with them were not very productive. After a few chats I had someone who really cared. He changed my refund to a voucher and I could easily use that voucher. He also gave me an additional 400B voucher as compensation for my hassle with them.

I have just successfully applied for a repayment transfer to my bank. Quite easy to do.  Not sure why Lazada does not volunteer this procedure. I would not be fobbed off with the 'use another mobile phone' reply and had to request that the matter was referred higher.

Worth the hassle to get my 404 baht back (assuming it arrives in the next 5 days)