Chonburi man detained after leaving province without mandatory travel papers

webfact

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

What is "a fascist rule"? Have you ever experienced fascism? You know, like in Spain under Franco, or Italy under Mussolini? This guy is a total idiot. He's driven many 100s of miles ignoring all measures designed to stop the spread. How he got that far is a mystery. And then to try and screw with the police like that! What a jerk.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think there is no parallel with previous dystopian regimes and what's going on now, you've got your head stuck in the sand. 

He was a jerk because he didn't use his brain...he could have quietly found a backroad to enter the town, rather than making a big show of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Echoes of Nazi Germany (at least what I've seen in the movies). Sad, really.

PAPERS! Let me see your Papers!!

So you would prefer the alternative of trusting everyone with total freedom of movement at the time of the infection spreading!

Brainless approach.  A tiered, risk-based system (including restrictions on inter-provincial travel) seems far more sensible and appropriate.

22 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Ridiculous fascist rules BUT if the dude had had any brain cells, he would have quietly turned around and found a backroad to get to his destination. It's not like Nakorn Phanom has only one road connecting it to the rest of the country. There are probably many dozen. 

You sound so much like FreqFlyer who relentless posts conspiracy drivel, Thai bashing comments and generally gurns on just about every news article in the readers comments bit of the "other" newspaper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think there is no parallel with previous dystopian regimes and what's going on now, you've got your head stuck in the sand. 

He was a jerk because he didn't use his brain...he could have quietly found a backroad to enter the town, rather than making a big show of it. 

The first case in Nakon Phanom was registered yesterday. Traced to a Bangkok man who infected a street food seller. Then returned to Bangkok.

So why are you promoting avoiding the restrictions which are there for a very good reason? You're not even a Thai citizen. I don't see anything dystopian about Thailand. The UK, on the other hand, could well be described as such. But neither can be described as fascist. You don't know what you're talking about if you think Thailand is a fascist state. Sure, there are elements of a highly oppressive regime in their intolerance of any opposition, but it falls far short of a Pinochet, even a Hun Sen, the previous military regime in Myanmar, or the Greek junta of the 60s, for instance. People bandy about the word fascism without having any idea what they're referring to. Have you? I mean, historically, how does Thailand qualify as a fascist state?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You sound so much like FreqFlyer who relentless posts conspiracy drivel, Thai bashing comments and generally gurns on just about every news article in the readers comments bit of the "other" newspaper.

Yeah, I've seen the drivel he writes there too. Also known as freqliar I believe. A troll.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:34 AM, webfact said:

Admitting he had no papers Wanchai asked if he could just be let go and he would return to Chonburi. The officials manning the checkpoint agreed but instead of going back Wanchai raced off in the direction of Muang District. 

Got the makings of a criminal genius here...

On 1/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, TheFreqFlyer said:

Ridiculous fascist rules BUT if the dude had had any brain cells, he would have quietly turned around and found a backroad to get to his destination. It's not like Nakorn Phanom has only one road connecting it to the rest of the country. There are probably many dozen. 

This is what I did. No problem of course.