Pheu Thai MP clarifies on 'luxury' watch

webfact

2 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

"After the conference concluded, Reungkrai walked up to Yutthapong and offered to buy the watch for cash, but Yutthapong did not respond and walked out of the room."

Brilliant!

If it was a snide I would have taken the 10,000thb off him and went to MBK and bought another for 1,500thb.

1 hour ago, DLock said:

...actually, I think it if highly likely to be a fake.

This particular watch is a IWC Pilots Watch...but the hands are covering the Mark number, but I think it a XVI.

However, in my experience, the basic IWC pilots watch (which has no chrono or extra dials), has numbers in all positions, except the 3 because it has the small date window and the 12 because of the unique triangle marker with 2 dots.

His watch is missing the 6 and the 9, which is not consistent with the real Pilots watch, and the top triangle mark (with the 2 dots) is in the wrong position.

The fonts and spacing is also incorrect. On the real watch, the font is finer and the 2 lower lines are more or less in line. On his watch and the replica the alignment is out both top and bottom.

I have had a few IWC watches, but I'm not an expert on earlier IWC Pilot models, so it is possible that these inconsistencies are unique to earlier Marks...but highly unlikely.

A quick glance at almost any replica site on Google shows his exact watch, with the exact same inconsistencies and crocodile strap. IWC replicas are lousy.

I buy and sell watches, and without seeing this watch, the rear and opening it up, I'd still say it is fake, but if someone knows more than me, happy to be schooled.

Real one is around USD$5,300...so not less than 10,000 baht...unless it really is a fake...but how embarrassing would that be to admit.

IWC watches.png

This is the real McCoy

Screenshot_20210119-220041_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

...actually, I think it if highly likely to be a fake.

This particular watch is a IWC Pilots Watch...but the hands are covering the Mark number, but I think it a XVI.

However, in my experience, the basic IWC pilots watch (which has no chrono or extra dials), has numbers in all positions, except the 3 because it has the small date window and the 12 because of the unique triangle marker with 2 dots.

His watch is missing the 6 and the 9, which is not consistent with the real Pilots watch, and the top triangle mark (with the 2 dots) is in the wrong position.

The fonts and spacing is also incorrect. On the real watch, the font is finer and the 2 lower lines are more or less in line. On his watch and the replica the alignment is out both top and bottom.

I have had a few IWC watches, but I'm not an expert on earlier IWC Pilot models, so it is possible that these inconsistencies are unique to earlier Marks...but highly unlikely.

A quick glance at almost any replica site on Google shows his exact watch, with the exact same inconsistencies and crocodile strap. IWC replicas are lousy.

I buy and sell watches, and without seeing this watch, the rear and opening it up, I'd still say it is fake, but if someone knows more than me, happy to be schooled.

Real one is around USD$5,300...so not less than 10,000 baht...unless it really is a fake...but how embarrassing would that be to admit.

IWC watches.png

Don't think middle photo is not the genuine article. The other 2, no comment - although the one on the right could be real. But I'm not an expert. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

Don't think middle photo is not the genuine article. The other 2, no comment - although the one on the right could be real. But I'm not an expert. 

Lucky you don't deal in watches.

The middle photo is 100% real - from the IWC website.

The right watch is 100% replica, from a replica website.

The left watch is the Minister's.

• Like 1

Artisi, good find.

This is the 2012 Pilot Mark XVII  from past collection (not current website) - https://www.iwc.com/it/en/past-collections/pilot-watches/iw326501-pilot_s-watch-mark-xvii.html

So, it could be real and it's hard to tell. Fonts still feel a bit heavy, but it's a bad photo.

If you are going to wear a fake watch, IWC is a good one to wear as very few people know what it is...

Screen Shot 2564-01-20 at 8.42.18 AM.png

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If it was a snide I would have taken the 10,000thb off him and went to MBK and bought another for 1,500thb.

Only to have the guy who bought it parade it as a fake.  Massive loss of face.  It would be well worth paying 10,000 for that.

All the idiot had to do was say it was worth 150,000 Baht, and this whole story wouldn't have happened, but I guess he has no idea of the true value of a genuine one.

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Always watches and handbags. Never paintings, sculpture, or books.

They try to steal paintings - remember the commerce ministry chap who tried to steal 3 paintings from a hotel in Japan?

Being Thailand, this is probably a copy. Why do Thai men like flashy watches and bling? I thought that was a female thing...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

They try to steal paintings - remember the commerce ministry chap who tried to steal 3 paintings from a hotel in Japan?

Being Thailand, this is probably a copy. Why do Thai men like flashy watches and bling? I thought that was a female thing...

To some there's not much difference between the two. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“My watch costs only about Bt10,000 and therefore is not needed to be reported to the NCAA,” said Yutthapong, the MP from Maha Sarakham province.

After the conference concluded, Reungkrai walked up to Yutthapong and offered to buy the watch for cash, but Yutthapong did not respond and walked out of the room.

Brilliant rouze LMAO. 

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

For such a poorish population country, some people have an awful lot of money

One of the biggest gaps between rich and poor in the World. 

29 minutes ago, lespaulTV said:

Why can't these people be discreet like their western counterparts. 

Because they don't need to be. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:

You can't flaunt them and gain face like with a watch. you can't roll up your sleeve and flaunt a painting or sculpture! IWC watches are right up there when it comes to price!

My ex's mother said I shouldn't be mad about divorce because I never gave her a house, a car, etc. I did pay for sending her to Chula grad school degree, but education doesn't count in their ledger. Not something they can steal from her.

5 minutes ago, Emdog said:

My ex's mother said I shouldn't be mad about divorce because I never gave her a house, a car, etc. I did pay for sending her to Chula grad school degree, but education doesn't count in their ledger. Not something they can steal from her.

When you see where Thai universities/educational institutes rate on the world stage, she may have a point!

• Haha 1