COE and Exempt

Hi, I'm coming in on an Exempt. When filling out the COE, can you have a one way ticket then later purchase a ticket out of Thailand before you depart for Thailand?  Or does it have to a RT ticket. 

Do you need to have your ASQ hotel booked before filling out the ASQ? I do know you need your medical Insurance to fill out the COE form. 

I see this is where I do my COE for an Exempt filing.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th

Thanks

London Embassy has the following statement, which suggests an onward/return ticket would be needed;

Certificate of Entry (COE)

**Holders of British/Irish passports, as well as 54 other nationalities entitled to 30-day visa exemption, can go to Thailand for tourism purpose for up to 45 days without visa. Proof of air tickets that the applicant will not overstay and health insurance are required for COE application.**

I did not need a return ticket coming from Turkey.  Your COE is approved in two stages.  The first stage does not require your flight ticket OR your ASQ reservation.  (And I would reccomend not making those reservations until you get your first approval.)  Once you get your first approval, you will then get a further link to add in your flight ticket and your ASQ reservation confirmation.  After entering in those two, you will get your final approval.  At this point, you just need to plan on getting your Fit To Fly Certificate and Covid test the day before your flight.

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Once you get your first approval, you will then get a further link to add in your flight ticket and your ASQ reservation confirmation.  After entering in those two, you will get your final approval. 

How long did it take to get approved? And did it have to be a round trip ticket?

My approval process was frought with many hiccups, mostly self imposed.  But the first notification took 3 days.  The first time I applied, I thought i also used the sight to apply for a STV and listed that as what I was applying with and was denied because I needed to have the VISA first.  Once I realized I couldn't get a VISA from Turkey and put in Visa Exemption, (the very last option), I got my first approval within a day or two.  I only had a one way ticket and that wasn't a problem.

Archived