MEA increases purchase price for household solar in Bangkok and vicinity

snoop1130

MEA increases purchase price for household solar in Bangkok and vicinity

By The Nation

800_f9fc3aa51543c29.jpg

The Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA) has increased the price at which it purchases solar power from households, government spokeswoman Ratchada Thanadirek revealed on Tuesday.

In a move to encourage households to install solar panels and generate electricity by themselves, the MEA has raised the purchase price from Bt1.68 to Bt2.20 per unit for 10 years in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan.

Electricity purchase from public solar generators will expand to hospitals and schools soon, Ratchada added.

Solar-powered households can apply to join the project at https://spv.mea.or.th/.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401470

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-19

• Like 1

I was one of the early adopters in Australia. Power was around 24 cents a unit but my energy company was paying me 44 cents a unit.

When I left I had not paid a power bill in 3 years and they gave me an $800 refund.

Some people say how can they do that but it save on delays in installing new infrastructure.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I was one of the early adopters in Australia. Power was around 24 cents a unit but my energy company was paying me 44 cents a unit.

When I left I had not paid a power bill in 3 years and they gave me an $800 refund.

Some people say how can they do that but it save on delays in installing new infrastructure.

Excellent....I want household solar here in Thailand...for me though, the battery storage costs are very expensive. Sure..lead acid batteries can be used, but an all in one Tesla type system is just out of reach for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Excellent....I want household solar here in Thailand...for me though, the battery storage costs are very expensive. Sure..lead acid batteries can be used, but an all in one Tesla type system is just out of reach for me.

I have just bought 3KW of panels, the batteries are the largest expense, to be sure but the 3KW into my household supply will certainly reduce my consumption from the grid.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

In Australia wasn't worth even considering batteries. I did consider small wind turbine but was talked out of them due to the noise created by them.

Edited by Dazinoz

This is not a serious effort. Look at the paperwork needed to join the scheme:

Documents for submitting an application to sell electricity

Copy of ID card of the meter    
Certificate of Juristic Person With objective to produce and distribute electricity for not more than 6 months and a copy of the NACC card, authorized directors and a copy of Phor Por 01 or Phor Por 20 form (if any)    
A copy of the electrical bill of the building where the panel is installed.    
Documents detailing photovoltaic panel properties    
Diagram showing the location of the photovoltaic panel installation site.    
Electrical system chart (Single Line Diagram) with certified engineer    
A copy of a valid professional engineer certificate Associate engineer level onwards    
Document detailing the properties of the inverter    
Photos of residential houses where solar panels will be installed.    
Power of attorney affixed with 30 baht duty stamp (in case of authorization)    
Copy of ID card of authorized person (In the case of authorization)    

7 minutes ago, Raphael54 said:

This is not a serious effort. Look at the paperwork needed to join the scheme:

Documents for submitting an application to sell electricity

Copy of ID card of the meter    
Certificate of Juristic Person With objective to produce and distribute electricity for not more than 6 months and a copy of the NACC card, authorized directors and a copy of Phor Por 01 or Phor Por 20 form (if any)    
A copy of the electrical bill of the building where the panel is installed.    
Documents detailing photovoltaic panel properties    
Diagram showing the location of the photovoltaic panel installation site.    
Electrical system chart (Single Line Diagram) with certified engineer    
A copy of a valid professional engineer certificate Associate engineer level onwards    
Document detailing the properties of the inverter    
Photos of residential houses where solar panels will be installed.    
Power of attorney affixed with 30 baht duty stamp (in case of authorization)    
Copy of ID card of authorized person (In the case of authorization)    

Certainly would put me off especially what they are paying.