Outbreak easing, strict controls might lift next month, says PM

Outbreak easing, strict controls might lift next month, says PM

By The Nation

800_e5e1b74165fe4d7.jpg

Thailand’s Covid-19 outbreak is easing as new infections fall in controlled areas, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday. Speaking after the weekly videoconference Cabinet meeting, Prayut said a decision on whether to ease tight restrictions would be made according to an evaluation at the end of this month.

Prayut also revealed that the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine purchased by the government will gain approval from the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this week. He confirmed that the private sector could also import vaccines, but only vaccines approved by the FDA.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401476

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-19

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One would hope they would lift the restrictions in those provinces where there have been no or minimal cases recently. Which is most of the 28.   My province had all of 2 cases and there hav

Prior to Chinese New Year I would guess.  

endless 'maybes' from low IQ leaders are not confidence-builders

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

And sometime later, some tests will see a few more people test positive, and they will lockdown again. Then it will ease, then sometime later they will do some more tests and see a few more people test positive, and they will lockdown again. Then it will ease again, then ......

For ever and ever, amen.

it will be known as rolling lockdowns for flare up areas. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

No recorded 2nd wave cases in Sisaket province and I'm not aware of any restrictions having been imposed, other than national edicts like Prayut's exhortation to avoid social groupings which might lead to the spread of infectious diseases (or something wafflingly similar to that). Schools, in my amphur at least, have been on a 2 week covid break since New Year, but went back on Monday.

Other national edicts, like installing border controls with health checks and reason for travel audits, have been ignored AFAIK. Same same as in the first wave - edicts without implementation! However 95%+ of people have been wearing masks (properly) when out and about in town and even seen in villages - significantly more compliant than in the 1st wave. Everyone is conscious of the threat of virus being imported from Central Thailand provinces.

I've got a few friends now in self isolation for not abiding by the restrictions.  Attending large, indoor birthday parties.  A CV19 carrier was present at both and now many are in self quarantine and being checked on a regular basis by the health care volunteers.  One is over 80 and really scared now.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said a decision on whether to ease tight restrictions would be made according to an evaluation at the end of this month

I thought he was leaving decisions to individual governors?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1