Outbreak easing, strict controls might lift next month, says PM

snoop1130

On 1/20/2021 at 8:06 AM, SantiSuk said:

I am the main organiser of a social drinking and running group - Ubon Hash House Harriers.

I've heard this is more of a walk with frequent booze stops. More of a drinking session than a 'run' - wobbly jog might be more accurate lol ????

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I've heard this is more of a walk with frequent booze stops. More of a drinking session than a 'run' - wobbly jog might be more accurate lol ????

Whether the Hash House Harriers are a running club with a drinking problem or a drinking club with a running problem, their impact has been overwhelmingly positive in this part of the world.

It is a hobby which perhaps brings locals and expats closer more quickly than any other. That's the way hobbies and interests work; they form a much tighter bond than being in the same industry, or even the same company.

And if you happen to be one of those unfortunate expats who gets shunted from country to country every couple of years, there is no quicker way to get acquainted with a new country than go on the local Hash.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Guderian said:

This seems to be the opposite of what Dr Taweesilp of the CCSA was saying today. He said that he's very worried by the situation in both Samut Sakhon and Bangkok West. Is Mr P even talking to his expert advisors, let alone listening to them? 

How odd. I can't remember any other world leader who just did not listen to his qualified advisors...

On 1/20/2021 at 8:37 AM, kcpattaya said:

Talking about restrictions: What is the point to allow restaurants to serve food, but no alcohol, other than to hurt the restaurant sector even more?

With that reasoning, why can't bars open?  The fact of the matter is that allowing restaurants to serve alcohol turns them into bars, when the bars are closed.  That is certainly not fair on the bar owners.  Until bars are allowed to open, then restaurants should not be allowed to sell alcohol.  End of.