When film stars attack: Russell Crowe's reaction to criticism could set a trend

snoop1130

When film stars attack: Russell Crowe's reaction to criticism could set a trend

By Stuart Heritage

2462.jpg

Russell Crowe speaks via video link during an Australian TV awards ceremony in November. Photograph: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images for AFI

One of the most surprising new avenues to have formed for celebrities over the course of the pandemic has been Cameo.

For the uninitiated, Cameo is a service where celebrities can create personalised messages for their fans.

For £75, Hodor from Game of Thrones will wish you a happy birthday or – if you have £750 lying around – Richard Dreyfuss will put on a Jaws shirt and struggle to pronounce your name.

But maybe this isn’t enough for you.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jan/18/when-film-stars-attack-russell-crowes-reaction-to-criticism-could-set-a-trend

• Sad 1

It is quite amazing today, how many people have an aversion to other people speaking their minds. Be polite. Be very polite! I not only think Crowe is an astonishing acting talent, but I love how he speaks his mind. Who else could have played his character in Gladiator? Master and Commander? Proof of Life, LA Confidential, 3:10 to Yuma, American Gangster, the Insider, A Beautiful mind, Cinderella Man, A Good year. He has an amazing body of work. 

He just does not seem to give a toss about what people think. That is very refreshing in this day and age of weak, overly PC people, and cancel culture. Tell em like it is. I like how he corrects the tossers about Master and Commander. Peter Weir did a masterful job with that movie. It is a completely unique film, had to have been very hard to create, and the scenes are ridiculously authentic. Just tell em. They just do not know. 

I love this quote about film. Critics are like eunuchs in a harem. They know how it is done, they see it being done every day, but they cannot do it themselves. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is quite amazing today, how many people have an aversion to other people speaking their minds. Be polite. Be very polite! I not only think Crowe is an astonishing acting talent, but I love how he speaks his mind. He just does not seem to give a toss about what people think. That is very refreshing in this day and age of weak, overly PC people, and cancel culture. Tell em like it is. I like how he corrects the tossers about Master and Commander. Peter Weir did a masterful job with that movie. It is a completely unique film, had to have been very hard to create, and the scenes are ridiculously authentic. Just tell em. They just do not know. 

I love this quote about film. Critics are like eunuchs in a harem. They know how it is done, they see it being done every day, but they cannot do it themselves. 

In Oz we call it the 'tall poppy syndrome" which means cutting down those who achieve a lot despite being an Ozzy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Russel Crowe has always been a bit of a moaner, apparently he once nearly beat up a journalist who didn't agree with him...he's a <deleted>....????

That's how us ozzies settle disputes. No wimpy law suites for us. 

He has let himself go though, put on a ton of weight. 

Oh and at the peak of his fame his wife left him for a local surfer dude 

Edited by madmen